Saturday, Aug. 13
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Crafts for Kids for ages 4 to 10 on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 2:30 p.m. Start out the new school year with new friends and a back-to-school craft. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Teen AnimeFest for ages 12 to 17 on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 2:30 p.m. Do you love anime, manga and cosplay? Dress up as your favorite character, eat snacks, watch anime shows and challenge friends to trivia. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Palm Beach Zoo (1301 Summit Blvd., West Palm Beach) will host a Pokémon Party: Go Wild & Catch ’Em All on Saturdays, Aug. 13 and Aug. 27 from 4:15 to 9 p.m. The whole zoo will be open with special up-close animal encounters. Enjoy live music while cooling off in the Interactive Fountain, with a cash bar for adults. Visit www.palmbeachzoo.org for more info.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a Bruce Springsteen Tribute Concert by the Boss Project on Saturday, Aug. 13 at 8 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for info.
Sunday, Aug. 14
• Whole Foods Market in Wellington will host a back-to-school complimentary lunch program on Sunday, Aug. 14 at noon, with healthy lunch selections including sliced turkey and cheese or a hummus and veggie option, served with a banana, chocolate chip cookies and a juice box. Call (561) 904-4000 for more info.
• The AYSO 1521 2016-17 U12 Acreage Arsenal select soccer teams are taking part in the annual Great Poker Charity Tournament event being held at the Palm Beach Kennel Club in West Palm Beach on Sunday, Aug. 14 at noon. Half of all funds raised by the soccer club will go directly to the teams, while the other 50 percent will be distributed as cash prizes. For more info., contact Catherine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, Aug. 15
• The Armory Art Center Annex, located in Lake Worth, is accepting applications for studio artist residencies through Monday, Aug. 15. Call (561) 832-1776 or visit www.armoryart.org for more info.
Tuesday, Aug. 16
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Art for Adults: Pastel Studio for ages 16 and up on Tuesday, Aug. 16 at 2 p.m. Develop the fundamentals of perspective, shadowing, proportions and balance. Participants will be encouraged to just come in, choose materials and work at their leisure. Pastels, paper and other materials will be provided, as well as guidance from the instructor. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Village of Wellington will hold a Walk and Talk in the Periwinkle/Lily Communities on Tuesday, Aug. 16 from 4 to 6 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• The Kretzer Piano Music Foundation will present its fifth annual Physicians Talent Showcase featuring the musical talents of local physicians on Tuesday, Aug. 16 at 7:30 p.m. at the Harriet Himmel Theater at CityPlace. Tickets are $75 each and can be purchased by calling Complete Ticket Solutions at (866) 449-2489. For more information, call (561) 748-0036 or visit www.kretzerpiano.com/kpmf.
Wednesday, Aug. 17
• Movement Arts Dance Academy (1241 North State Road 7, Royal Palm Beach) will hold open houses on Wednesday, Aug. 17, Thursday, Aug. 18 and Saturday, Aug. 20 for numerous classes to be conducted during the coming school year. For more info., call (561) 752-9757 or visit www.movementartsdanceacademy.com.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Musical Toddlers & Tykes for children under age 4 on Wednesday, Aug. 17 at 3:30 p.m. Join in a jam session with lots of instruments to keep the music going. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• Wellington will hold a Neighborhood Watch Meeting for the Stonegate Community on Wednesday, Aug. 17 at 6 p.m. at a private residence. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov or call (561) 791-4764 for more info.
• Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Boynton Beach) will continue its Rabbi Sam Silver Controversial Issues Forum series on Wednesday, Aug. 17 at 7 p.m. The topic for this month’s session will be “Viewing Israel from the Right, Left, Jewish, Christian and Muslim Perspectives.” For more info., call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail email@example.com.
Thursday, Aug. 18
• The Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce will host an economic forum luncheon on the Future of Childhood Education on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 11 a.m. at the West Palm Beach Marriott (1001 Okeechobee Blvd.). Speakers and panelists will include Palm Beach County School Superintendent Dr. Robert Avossa, Early Learning Coalition CEO Warren Eldridge, Children’s Movement of Florida Chairman Dave Lawrence Jr. and Children’s Services Council CEO Dr. Lisa Williams-Taylor. Visit www.cpbchamber.com for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Adult Coloring: Seascapes for ages 16 and up on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 2 p.m. The end of the summer is here. What better way to spend one of your last relaxing days than filling your world with color and a sense of inner peace? Cards and coloring materials will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Western Business Alliance will host a social event on Thursday, Aug. 18 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Hulett Environmental Services (7670 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach). Visit www.thewesternbusinessalliance.com for more info.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host food trucks on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 5 p.m. with a free concert by the Casey Raines Band at 6:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will attend Roger Dean Stadium’s Dollar Nights in Jupiter on Thursday, Aug. 18. Game time is 6:30 p.m. Arrive at 6 p.m. to buy tickets and meet for entry to the stadium. Contact John Fenner at (586) 350-3235 for more info.
• The Norton Museum (1451 S. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach) will host its Art After Dark program on Thursday, Aug. 18 at 7:30 p.m. featuring a reading of the new one-act play By and By written by Lauren Gunderson. By And By wrestles with the dilemmas posed by full human cloning. For more info., call (561) 832-5196 or visit www.norton.org.
Friday, Aug. 19
• KWP Productions will present It Had to Be You from Friday, Aug. 19 through Sunday, Sept. 4 at the Bhetty Waldron Theater at Actor’s Rep (1009 N. Dixie Highway, West Palm Beach). Visit www.kwpproductions.com or call (561) 339-4687 for more info.
• The Palm Beach Zoo (1301 Summit Blvd., West Palm Beach) will host Safari Nights on Friday, Aug. 19 from 5 to 9 p.m. with a sports theme. There will be children’s entertainment, such as face painting and a kids DJ in the Fountain Plaza. Visit www.palmbeachzoo.org for more info.
• The Florida Science Center & Aquarium (4801 Dreher Trail North) will host Ladies Night Out on Friday, Aug. 19 from 6 to 9 p.m. Mix and mingle at the science center and enjoy an evening of excitement and entertainment, with cocktail concoctions, bath fizz and UV nail polish labs, liquid nitrogen rumchata fireball ice cream, high heel science demonstrations, food and wine samples, a silent auction and more. Visit www.sfsciencecenter.org or call (561) 832-1988 for info.
Saturday, Aug. 20
• Boy Scout Troop 125 will hold a car wash fundraiser on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 9 a.m. at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church in Wellington. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
• The Wellington Fitness & Wellness Education Day, a special day of promoting a healthier community while supporting teachers, will take place on Saturday, Aug. 20 from 9 a.m. to noon at Ultima Fitness & Wellness, located at 12799 W. Forest Hill Blvd. in the Wellington Plaza. For more info., call (561) 795-2823.
• The American German Club of the Palm Beaches will host its fourth annual Miss Oktoberfest Pageant and Coronation Dinner on Saturday, Aug. 20 from 5 to 11 p.m. at the American German Club of the Palm Beaches. This year’s 43rd annual Oktoberfest will be held Oct. 7-9 and Oct. 14-16. Visit www.americangermanclub.org for more info.
• Power Evangelism Inc. will present One Night of Miracles at the Kravis Center’s Rinker Playhouse on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 7 p.m. Visit www.kravis.org for tickets.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a Tina Turner Tribute Concert on Saturday, Aug. 20 at 8 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.
Tuesday, Aug. 23
• The Wellington Village Council will meet Tuesday, Aug. 23 at 7 p.m. at the Wellington Municipal Complex. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
Wednesday, Aug. 24
• Wellington will hold a Neighborhood Watch Meeting for the Scribner/Bryden Village Communities on Wednesday, Aug. 24 at 6:30 p.m. at the Olympia clubhouse. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov or call (561) 791-4764 for more info.
• The Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce will host after hours networking on Wednesday, Aug. 24 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Carrabba’s Italian Grill (11141 Southern Blvd., RPB). Visit www.cpbchamber.com for more info.