Saturday, Dec. 30
• Audubon of the Everglades will hold its annual Christmas Bird Count on Saturday, Dec. 30 at various locations. Visit www.auduboneverglades.org for more info.
• The Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge will hold its first-ever Christmas Bird Count for Kids on Saturday, Dec. 30 from 9 a.m. to noon. Registration is requested but not required. For more info., or to register, contact Veronica Kelly at (561) 735-6020 or Veronica_Kelly@fws.gov. The refuge is located off State Road 7, two miles south of Boynton Beach Blvd.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host a Craft Bonanza Blowout for ages 2 and up on Saturday, Dec. 30 at 10:30 a.m. Drop in and make as many crafts as you want. Take supplies home with you to enjoy and be crafty. Call (561) 790-6030 for more info.
Sunday, Dec. 31
• The 2018 high-goal season will open on Sunday, Dec. 31 with the Herbie Pennell Cup Final at the International Polo Club Palm Beach. Polo matches are open to the public, with a wide range of hospitality and guest seating options. For more info., visit www.internationalpoloclub.com.
• The Palm Beach Zoo will host its fifth annual Noon Year’s Eve Celebration on Sunday, Dec. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Ring in the New Year like never before with your furry, feathered and scaly friends at the zoo. Join in on a children’s dance party in the Fountain Plaza with face painting leading up to noon with a New Year celebration featuring an apple juice toast and an “FPL Solar Now Sun” drop fit for children of all ages. This event is included with normal zoo admission. Visit www.palmbeachzoo.org for more info.
• Unity of the Palm Beaches will hold its annual Burning Bowl Ceremony on Sunday, Dec. 31 at 6 p.m. at Temple Israel (1901 N. Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach). During the service, participants write down fears, emotions and limiting perceptions on pieces of paper that are tossed into a burning bowl, symbolizing their release. For more info., visit www.unitypalmbeach.com.
• CAFCI will host its annual New Year’s Eve Party on Sunday, Dec. 31 from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. in the Madison Green Country Club ballroom at 2001 Crestwood Blvd. in Royal Palm Beach. For tickets, contact one of the following individuals: Dennis Wright (561-653-1586), Junette Powell (561-346-2353), Lawrence Logan (561-791-0162) or Jerome Wright (561-649-8254). You can also call the CAFCI hotline at (561) 790-4002. Look for additional details at www.cafcipbc.org.
• The Kravis Center will present a Salute to Vienna New Year’s Concert with the Strauss Symphony of America on Sunday, Dec. 31 at 8 p.m. Visit www.kravis.org for more info.
Monday, Jan. 1
• The Loxahatchee chapter of the Florida Trail Association will hike in the Cypress Creek Natural Area (10035 W. Indiantown Road, Jupiter) on Monday, Jan. 1 at 7:45 a.m. Call Bea Rogers at (561) 644-0777 for more info.
• The Loxahatchee chapter of the Florida Trail Association will hold its monthly chapter meeting at the Okeeheelee Nature Center (7715 Forest Hill Blvd.) on Monday, Jan. 1. Members and guests will meet to socialize with refreshments at 7 p.m. The program at 7:30 p.m. includes a video on the tropical rainforest. Call Paul Cummings at (561) 963-9906 for more info.
Tuesday, Jan. 2
• Finding Neverland will be at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts in the Alexander W. Dreyfoos Jr. Concert Hall from Tuesday, Jan. 2 through Sunday, Jan. 7. For more information, visit www.kravis.org.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Art for Adults: Beginner’s Series Perspective & Proportions for ages 16 and up on Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 2 p.m. Using graphite and charcoal, learn the basics of perspective and how to achieve depth and dimension. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host its Under Construction Lego Crew for ages 6 to 11 on Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 2:30 p.m. Use Lego bricks to build original creations. Work by yourself or as a team to bring building challenges to life. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Origami: Unfolding Fun for ages 8 and up on Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 3:30 p.m. Learn the art of Japanese paper folding with cool origami models for all skill levels. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Suite 19, Boynton Beach) continues Tzedocrates, its monthly discussion of important issues and topics guided by a search for righteousness and the Socratic method, on Tuesday, Jan. 2 at 7 p.m. For more info., call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail email@example.com.
Wednesday, Jan. 3
• The American Legion Auxiliary Unit #367 of Royal Palm Beach will meet Wednesday, Jan. 3 at 10 a.m. at the Palms West Presbyterian Church (13689 Okeechobee Blvd., Loxahatchee Groves). For more info., call Marge Herzog at (561) 798-9875.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “Minecraft: Where Are The Mobs?” for ages 7 and up on Wednesday, Jan. 3 at 2:30 p.m. Meet up with your friends and play Minecraft Pocket Edition on the library’s iPads. Participants can bring in their own device. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host “Escape Room: Escape Count Olaf!” for ages 12 and up on Wednesday, Jan. 3 at 6:30 p.m. After a series of rather unfortunate events, the fiendish Count Olaf is holding you hostage. Are you clever and quick enough to escape? Refreshments will be served. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
Thursday, Jan. 4
• The Society of the Four Arts in Palm Beach will host a lecture on “James Monroe and the Establishment of America’s Place in the World” with Elton Klibanoff on Thursday, Jan. 4 at 2:30 p.m. Call (561) 805-8562 or visit www.fourarts.org for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host New Year, New Goals for ages 12 to 17 on Thursday, Jan. 4 at 3 p.m. It’s time to think about how you want to achieve your goals in 2018. Get some tips on how to decide what goals you want to work on, brainstorm and create a vision board using the library’s craft supplies. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Loxahatchee Rocks: Rock Out With Rock Art for ages 6 and up on Thursday, Jan. 4 at 3:30 p.m. Show your neighborhood pride and create colorful rocks that reflect your favorite hobbies, sports, animals and more. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Wellington Amphitheater will host a concert with a 1980s tribute band and a food truck invasion on Thursday, Jan. 4 at 5 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Suite 19, Boynton Beach) will continuing its weekly class Read Hebrew Across America on Thursday, Jan. 4 at 6:30 p.m. For more info., call (561) 968-0688.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host a Writer’s Critique Workshop for adults on Thursday, Jan. 4 at 6:30 p.m. Share, offer and accept constructive criticism to improve your fiction, nonfiction and poetry in a supportive atmosphere. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• Horses Healing Hearts will hold its Season Kickoff Party at the Wellington National Golf Club on Thursday, Jan. 4 at 6:30 p.m. Come and enjoy a “Night in Tuscany” with authentic Neapolitan pizza, live music and drinks. For more information, visit www.hhhusa.org, contact Susan Shelly at (561) 305-1432 or Lizabeth Olszewski at (561) 713-6133 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, Jan. 5
• The Kravis Center in West Palm Beach will present Love, Noël: The Songs and Letters of Noël Coward, devised and produced by Barry Day featuring Simon Green and Anna Bergman, on Friday, Jan. 5 and Saturday, Jan. 6. Visit www.kravis.org for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “Gettin’ Jiggy Wit It!” for ages 16 and up on Fridays at 2 p.m. in January. Exercise your brain with challenging jigsaw puzzles. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “It’s Bingo Time!” for ages 6 to 12 on Friday, Jan. 5 at 2:30 p.m. Play a few games of old-fashioned bingo and win some prizes. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Back-To-School Game Time for ages 8 to 12 on Friday, Jan. 5 at 3 p.m. Before you head back to school, have a blast indoors with video games, card games and board games. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• Royal Palm Beach Commons Park will host an outdoor concert in the park and a food truck invasion on Friday, Jan. 5 from 7:30 to 9 p.m. featuring Jaded, an Aerosmith tribute band. For more info., call (561) 753-1232.
• The 30th annual Wellington Dinner Dance benefiting the Neil S. Hirsch Family Boys & Girls Club will take place Friday, Jan. 5 at 6:30 p.m. at the International Polo Club Palm Beach in Wellington. To reserve your tickets, table or other sponsorship opportunities, contact Christine Martin at (561) 683-3287, ext. 1103, or email@example.com.