Saturday, Nov. 21
• The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts will present the comedy Late Nite Catechism by Vicki Quade and Maripat Donovan from Friday, Nov. 20 through Sunday, Nov. 22. Visit www.kravis.org for more info.
• Ultracon of South Florida will be held at the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center on Saturday, Nov. 21 and Sunday, Nov. 22. Learn more at www.ultraconofsouthflorida.com.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will feature the exhibition Book Life Presents Frankenstein: Penetrating the Secrets of Nature for all ages running Saturday, Nov. 21 through Jan. 3, opening with a Frankenstein Fun Day on Nov. 21. This exhibit explores how Mary Shelley’s novel Frankenstein provides a framework for discussions of medical advances that challenge our traditional understanding of what it means to be human. The exhibition was developed and produced by the National Library of Medicine and the National Institutes of Health. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Village of Royal Palm Beach will host its 14th annual Fall Fantasy Craft Show at Veterans Park on Saturday, Nov. 21 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Interested crafters can pick up applications at the Royal Palm Beach Cultural Center or call (561) 790-5149 for more info.
• The Indian Trail Improvement District will hold the grand opening of the new Downers Dog Park (16700 East Downers Drive) on Saturday, Nov. 21 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. A ribbon-cutting ceremony will take place at 10 a.m., followed by a park adoption by Barky Pines Animal Rescue & Sanctuary at 10:15 a.m. Refreshments and treats will be served from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call (561) 793-0874 or more info.
• Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor will continue its monthly Torah, Talk and a Taste discussion group on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 10 a.m. with Rabbi Barry Silver. Share your ideas on the Torah portion with the rabbi and have a little nosh. Call (561) 968-0688 for more info.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Bedtime Bonanza for ages 2 to 6 on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 11 a.m. Join in for some sleepy stories, songs and a craft. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Teen Wii U Gaming & More for ages 12 to 17 on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 11 a.m. It’s International Game Day, so meet your friends for some Wii gaming and classic board game fun. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host an Acoustic Java Jam for adults on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 2 p.m. Experience a caffeinated collection of local talent or bring your acoustic instruments and jam out. Coffee will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host It’s International Game Day for ages 6 to 11 on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 2 p.m. Play any of the library’s board games and card games with your friends and family. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host the Maharajah Magic Show for the whole family on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 2 p.m. Witness the impossible as Prof. Kumar, Magician Maharajah of India, presents a humorous and entertaining program that will dazzle your mind and leave you speechless. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• Dance Arts Conservatory (11120 South Crown Way, Suite 4, Wellington) will present Disney’s Aladdin Kids, based on the Disney animated classic, on Saturday, Nov, 21 at 5 and 7 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 22 at 1 and 3 p.m. Visit www.danceartsconservatory.com or call (561) 296-1880 for more info.
• The Rosarian Academy’s 37th annual Auction and Rose Ball Caribbean Nights will take place Saturday, Nov. 21 beginning at 6 p.m. at the Breakers Palm Beach, with silent and live auctions, dinner, dancing, raffles and more. For more info., call (561) 832-5131, ext. 239.
• The Indian Trail Improvement District will host a Hamlin House Movie Night on Saturday, Nov. 21 with food vendors, popcorn and treats at 6 p.m., followed by a showing of the movie Home at 7 p.m. Bring chairs and blankets. The Hamlin House Community Center is located at 14893 89th Place North. For more info., call (561) 469-7868.
• The Wellington Relay for Life will hold its Paint Your World Purple Kickoff Party on Saturday, Nov. 21 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. at the Binks Forest Golf Club (400 Binks Forest Drive, Wellington). It will be a casual attire, family event, and food will be provided. RSVP to email@example.com or call (561) 635-4084.
• The Wellington Amphitheater will host a free Shania Twain tribute concert on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 7:30 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for info.
• The Maltz Jupiter Theater (1001 E. Indiantown Road, Jupiter) will present two-time Tony Award winner Christine Ebersole on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 8 p.m. Visit www.jupitertheatre.org for more info.
• The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts will present the Munich Symphony Orchestra with conductor Philippe Entremont, guitarist Pepe Romero and the Romeros guitar quartet on Saturday, Nov. 21 at 8 p.m. and Sunday, Nov. 22 at 2 p.m. Visit www.kravis.org for more info.
Sunday, Nov. 22
• The Florida Trail Association’s annual Big “O” Nature Hike on the Florida National Scenic Trail, centered on trails around Lake Okeechobee, is set for Thanksgiving week, Nov. 22-27. Visit www.loxfltrail.org for more info.
• The Center for Family Services’ fourth annual Princess & Pirates Ball will take place Sunday, Nov. 22 from 3 to 6 p.m. at the International Polo Club Palm Beach in Wellington. Young pirates and enchanting princesses are invited to enter a kingdom of fun that includes cocktails and mocktails, dinner by the bite, a bounce house, a DJ and a beauty bar. For more info., visit www.ctrfam.com or call (561) 616-1232.
Monday, Nov. 23
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Lego Bricks for ages 6 and up Monday, Nov. 23 at 3 p.m. Create vehicles or buildings out of Lego bricks. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• Dance Arts Conservatory (11120 South Crown Way, Ste. 4, Wellington) will audition children ages 6 to 10 for School House Rock Live Jr., a production based on the award-winning Saturday morning educational cartoon series, on Monday, Nov. 23 from 4 to 6 p.m. Call (561) 296-1880 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to guarantee an audition time. Visit www.danceartsconservatory.com for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “It’s Reining” for adults on Monday, Nov. 23 at 6 p.m. Often referred to as “western dressage,” the technique of reining evolved from the need of early American cattle ranchers to work nimbly with a horse while leaving their upper bodies free. Join documentary filmmaker Natalia Elina as she discusses her film and her personal passion for horses and this riding style. She will be joined by renowned reining champion Jon Ingram. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
Tuesday, Nov. 24
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Thankful Turkeys for ages 3 to 8 on Tuesday, Nov. 24 at 3:30 p.m. Little ones will create their very own turkey hat and discover Thanksgiving Day customs. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Zumba Gold for adults Tuesday, Nov. 24 at 6:30 p.m. Join the party in this Latin-inspired dance fitness class to mix fun moves and rhythms to burn calories. The program is suitable for active older adults and beginners. Bring a towel and water. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Wellington Village Council will meet Tuesday, Nov. 24 at 7 p.m. at the Wellington Municipal Complex (12300 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
Wednesday, Nov. 25
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host It’s a Craft Bonanza: Thanksgiving Style for ages 2 and up on Wednesday, Nov. 25 at 10:30 a.m. Make as many crafts as you want with supplies from the craft closet. All materials will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host its Under Construction Lego Crew for ages 7 to 12 on Wednesday, Nov. 25 at 2:30 p.m. Use Lego bricks to make fantastic creations. Work by yourself or as a team to bring building challenges to life. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
Thursday, Nov. 26
• Good Earth Farm (2141 B Road, Loxahatchee Groves) will host a vegetarian/vegan potluck feast on Thursday, Nov. 26 from 2 to 6 p.m. Register at West Palm Beach Vegetarian Vegan Meetup at www.meetup.com. It’s free to join. The cost for the potluck is a donation to the online wish list, and bring a dish to share for 10. There will be dance music and lots of food. For more info., call Nancy at (561) 792-2666, but attendees must register online.
• The Mall at Wellington Green (10300 W Forest Hill Blvd.) will hold Thanksgiving and Black Friday Events on Thursday, Nov. 26 from 6 p.m. to midnight and Friday, Nov. 27 from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m. For more information, visit www.shopwellingtongreen.com.
Friday, Nov. 27
• The Mall at Wellington Green (10300 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) is partnering with Place of Hope, a local nonprofit providing foster homes for children in Palm Beach County, to create a Giving Tree from Friday, Nov. 27 through Saturday, Dec. 19. For more information, visit www.shopwellingtongreen.com.
• South Florida Science Center & Aquarium (4801 Dreher Trail North; West Palm Beach) will host Nights at the Museum: Diggin’ Dinosaurs on Friday, Nov. 27 from 6 to 9 p.m. Step back in time into a land of roaring, moving and extreme dinosaurs at the blockbuster exhibit “Dinosaurs Around the World.” For more info., call (561) 832-1988 or visit www.sfsciencecenter.org.
Saturday, Nov. 28
• Beatles tribute band the McCartney Years will perform at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts (701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach) on Saturday, Nov. 28. For tickets, call (561) 832-7469 or visit www.kravis.org.
• The Wellington Chamber of Commerce will host Winterfest 2015 at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center on Saturday, Nov. 28 featuring Vanilla Ice, musical and dance performances by local talent, an equestrian Grand Prix show, retail shopping and food vendors, a visit from Santa, a kids Wonderland Village, a food and wine expo, and more. Call (561) 792-6525 or visit www.wellingtonchamber.com for more info.
Tuesday, Dec. 1
• The third annual Palm Beach County Drug Abuse Summit will be held on Tuesday, Dec. 1 at the Max Planck Florida Institute for Neuroscience in Jupiter. The half-day discussion, which begins at 9 a.m., includes prominent members of the healthcare and law enforcement communities, scientists, elected officials, educators and other community leaders. A complimentary light breakfast will be served. For more information, or to RSVP, call (561) 841-1212 or visit www.hanleycenterfoundation.org/summit.
• Starting Tuesday, Dec. 1 and Thursday, Dec. 3, the Kevin Perkins Golf Academy will conduct its popular Junior After-School Winter Golf Program at the Binks Forest Golf Club in Wellington. For more info., call (561) 301-3783 or visit www.kevinperkinsgolfacademy.com.