Saturday, April 7
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will walk John Prince Park in Lake Worth on Saturday, April 7 at 7:30 a.m. Set your own pace and walk the distance you choose, with breakfast afterward at TooJay’s. Call Paul Cummings at (561) 963-9906 for more info.
• Visit the Wellington Green Market on Saturday, April 7 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.
• Wellington’s Annual Egg Hunt will take place Saturday, April 7 beginning at 10 a.m. on the softball fields at Village Park (11700 Pierson Road). The egg hunt will be divided into four age groups: age 2 and under, 3-4, 5-7 and 8-10. Families are encouraged to arrive early. For info., visit www.wellingtonfl.gov.
• Nature’s Center (5301 State Road 7, Lake Worth) will host “Composting and Backyard Gardening” on Saturday, April 7 at 2 p.m. Join in-house botanist Julia Gehring to discuss the proper techniques of composting at home. The class is free to the public and walk-ins are welcome. Call (561) 434-5777 to register. Visit www.thenaturescenter.com for more info.
Sunday, April 8
• St. Peter’s United Methodist Church will host a sunrise service Sunday, April 8 at 6:30 a.m. at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Call (561) 793-5712 or visit www.stpetersumc.org for info.
• The Loxahatchee chapter of the Florida Trail Association hike Jonathan Dickinson State Park in southern Martin County on Sunday, April 8. Meet at the front gate on U.S. 1 at 8 a.m. Bring two full bottles of water to keep hydrated. Call Mary Miller at (561) 391-7942 for more info.
Monday, April 9
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will feature Simple Seasonal Origami on Monday, April 9 at 4 p.m. for age 8 and up. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Loxahatchee Groves Water Control District Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, April 9 at 7:30 p.m. at the district office (101 West D Road). Call (561) 793-0884 for more info.
Tuesday, April 10
• Na’amat USA, Sharon Chapter of Royal Palm Beach will host a discussion of the film Sarah’s Key on Tuesday, April 10 at 11:30 a.m. at the Royal Palm Beach Cultural Center (151 Civic Center Way, Royal Palm Beach). The discussion will be led by Terry Thowdis, and a light lunch will be served. RSVP to Joan Berkowitz at (561) 790-1443.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “Behind the Scenes at Saturday Night Live & NBC” on Tuesday, April 10 at 6:30 p.m. Cameraman Jan Kasoff will share stories and memorabilia from when he worked at Saturday Night Live. Register online at www.pbclibrary.org/nlw. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Wellington Village Council will meet Tuesday, April 10 at 7 p.m. at the municipal complex (12300 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). For more info., call (561) 791-4000 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov.
Wednesday, April 11
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host a Board Game Challenge on Wednesday, April 11 at 3 p.m. for age 6 and up. Challenge others to Chutes and Ladders, Candyland and other board games. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host a “Fancy Nancy Tea Party” on Wednesday, April 11 at 4 p.m. for ages 4 to 7. Play gorgeous games and create fancy crafts to celebrate the most divine diva. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Safety Council of Palm Beach County will present a Basic Driver Improvement Course on Wednesday, April 11 from 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. at Wellington High School (2101 Greenview Shores Blvd., Wellington). Visit www.safetycouncilpbc.org for more information, or call (561) 845-8233.
• The Indian Trail Improvement District Board of Supervisors will meet Wednesday, April 11 at 6:30 p.m. at the district office (13476 61st St. North). Call (561) 793-0874 or visit www.indiantrail.com for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host a Poetry Workshop on Wednesday, April 11 at 7 p.m. for adults. Award-winning poet Stacie Kiner will critique and discuss some of the world’s finest contemporary and classic poetry. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
Thursday, April 12
• The Palms West Community Foundation will present its Red Stiletto Women of the Year Awards on Thursday, April 12 at noon at the Breakers West Country Club (1550 Flagler Parkway, West Palm Beach). For more info., call Maureen Gross at (561) 790-6200 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “Forging Your Financial Future” on Thursday, April 12 at 2:30 p.m. for adults. The Financial Planning Association of the Gold Coast will offer an informative talk about retirement plans. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “All Hands On Craft” on Thursday, April 12 at 2:30 p.m. for adults. Make and take a whimsical book sculpture and check out the library’s favorite craft books. Materials will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “Kings & Queens Story Time” on Thursday, April 12 at 3:30 p.m. for ages 3 to 6.Celebrate the birthday of Hans Christian Andersen with fairy tales, songs and a simple craft. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce will host a mixer Thursday, April 12 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at Ncognito Fitness (420 S. State Road 7, Royal Palm Beach). Call (561) 790-6200 or visit www.cpbchamber.com for more info.
• The Safety Council of Palm Beach County will host a Motorcycle Course on Thursday, Saturday and Sunday, April 12, 14 and 15 at Wellington High School (2101 Greenview Shores Blvd.). This combined classroom and road course is now required for motorcycle endorsement. Hours are Thursday from 6 to 10 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit www.safetycouncilpbc.org for info., or call (561) 845-8233.
• The Western Communities Council will meet Thursday, April 12 at 7 p.m. at Royal Palm Beach Village Hall (1050 Royal Palm Beach Blvd.). Call (561) 790-5100 or visit www.royalpalmbeach.com for more info.
• The King’s Academy (8401 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach) will present a 25th anniversary production of Boublil & Schönberg’s legendary musical Les Misérables April 12-21. Show times are 7 p.m. April 12, 13, 14, 19, 20 and 21, and 1 p.m. April 14 and 21. Tickets cost $15 to $25 and can be ordered online at www.tkafinearts.net or by calling (888) 718-4253.
Friday, April 13
• The Wellington Open Golf Championship will take place Friday, April 13 at the Binks Forest Golf Club (400 Binks Forest Drive). Play will be in professional and amateur divisions. Call (561) 333-5731 or visit www.binksforestgc.com for more info.
• The sixth annual Jenna McCann Memorial Golf Tournament will take place Friday, April 13 at the Madison Green Golf Club (2001 Crestwood Blvd. N.). Check-in is at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m. An awards presentation, dinner and silent auction will follow. For more info., contact Tom Leinwol at (561) 632-0341 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Wellington’s finest dining establishments will offer their tastiest samplings Friday, April 13 at 6:30 p.m. at the Palm Beach International Equestrian Center at Flavors of Wellington 2012. In addition to sampling great food, attendees will enjoy an evening of dancing to a 25-piece stage band. Tickets cost $25 in advance and $30 at the door. VIP reserved tables begin at $300. Call the Wellington Chamber at (561) 792-6525 or visit www.wellingtonchamber.com for more info.
Saturday, April 14
• St. Peter’s United Methodist Church (12200 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will hold its first-ever Adult Amateur Co-Ed Dodgeball Tournament on Saturday, April 14. Registration costs $180 per team. Fees include a day full of double-elimination tournament play and a meal ticket for each player. For more info., contact Kevin Drummond at (561) 512-5644 or email@example.com.
• The annual Royal Palm Beach Community Garage Sale will take place Saturday, April 14 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Veterans Park on Royal Palm Beach Blvd. A free shuttle will provide pick-up and drop-off at the Cultural Center and Village Hall. For more info., call (561) 790-5149.
• The Wellington Garden Club will host “Secret Gardens of Wellington: A Garden Tour” Saturday, April 14 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Visit a variety of beautifully planted gardens. Tickets cost $20 in advance, available April 7 at Whole Foods Market (2635 State Road 7, Wellington) and at the Wellington Green Market (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.), and $25 the day of the tour, sold only at First Baptist Church of Wellington (12700 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). For info., call (561) 791-1561 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The third annual International Gay Polo Tournament will take place Saturday, April 14 from 1 to 5 p.m. at Grand Champions Polo Club in Wellington. For tickets, call (561) 753-3389 or visit www.gaypolotournament.blog.com/tickets.