The Royal Palm Beach Parks & Recreation Department welcomes both residents of Royal Palm Beach as well as nonresidents to participate in its fall 2012 early childhood programs for boys and girls, ages 3-5 years, and youth programs for older children.
EARLY CHILDHOOD PROGRAMS
• Early Childhood Passport To Adventure — A Tuesday through Thursday class meets twice a week to help prepare pre-schoolers for VPK through fun recreational activities. Session dates are Sept. 18 through Oct. 18 and Oct. 23 through Nov. 29. Classes will be held 10 a.m. to noon. The session fee is $135 for residents and $150 for nonresidents.
• Soccer Tots — An indoor, Saturday morning soccer program for boys and girls, ages 2-4 years, will be held at the RPB Recreation Center. Session dates are Sept. 15 through Nov. 3 for 8 classes and Nov. 10 through Dec. 8 for four classes. Class start times are 9 and 10 a.m. for one hour. The cost is $90 for residents and $110 for nonresidents. The cost for a four-week session is $45 for residents and $55 for nonresidents.
• Tuesday Tiny Toes — These formal dance classes introduce ages 2-3 to classical ballet. This instruction is at a more affordable price than most dance studios. Some special dance activities are shared by parent and child. Session dates include Sept. 11 through Oct. 23 and Oct. 30 through Dec. 18. Classes are held Tuesdays from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. at the recreation center. The session fee is $100 for residents and $120 for nonresidents.
• USTA Tennis For The Itty Bitty — Specialized equipment helps boys and girls ages 4-6 to experience greater success with their tennis skills. Tennis instruction to be held at Camellia Park in Royal Palm Beach. Pre-register at the recreation center for session dates Sept. 6 through Oct. 11 and Nov. 1 through Dec. 13. The cost is $45 for residents and $55 for nonresidents.
• Budding Ballerinas Ballet & Tap — This dance class is for ages 4-5 and focuses on mastering basic classical ballet and introducing tap. Pre-register at the rec center for two fall sessions: Tuesdays, Sept. 11 through Oct. 23 or Wednesdays, Sept. 12 through Oct. 24. Class times are 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. or 3:45 to 4:30 p.m. The session fee is $100 for residents and $120 for nonresidents.
• Formal Dance Instruction — Registration has begun for 20 sections of youth dance classes for ages 2-10 and will be open to both residents and nonresidents. Classes are held at the Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center on weekdays, Monday through Thursday, from September through December. Whether your child is looking to be introduced to or to improve their ballet, tap, jazz, hip-hop or theater performance skills, there is an affordable class that meets your child’s needs and schedule.
• Baton, Pom Pom & Ribbon — Registration has begun at the recreation center for training with AAU Junior Olympic gold winners for baton performances. Youths in grades four through six may register for this class Wednesday, Sept. 12 through Oct. 18 from 6 to 7:15 p.m. The cost is $58 for residents and $73 for nonresidents.
• Karate — Register monthly for beginner or advanced American goju karate. Classes are held at the Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center for age 5 to adult on Monday and Wednesday, 6 to 8 p.m. The monthly fee is $60 for residents and $75 for nonresidents.
• Special Needs Fall Family Friday Fun — Register by Oct. 5 for an indoor rotation of varying adaptive sports led by a recreation professional in the Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center gymnasium Friday, Oct. 12 through Nov. 9 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Each participant should register with an adult “buddy” who is willing to participate. All family members are welcome to register. The cost is $5 for residents and $10 for nonresidents.
The Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center is located at 100 Sweet Bay Lane. For more info., call (561) 790-5124.