Saturday, Oct. 27
• HealthSource Chiropractic & Progressive Rehab (125 S. State Road, Suite 103) will host Community/Patient Appreciation Day on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. The event will include free X-ray screenings of Halloween candy bags and free health checks in exchange for donations to a local food bank. For more info., call HealthSource of Royal Palm Beach at (561) 792-4016.
• Whole Foods Market in Wellington (2635 S. State Road 7) will host its annual Trick-or-Treating and Costume Contest Saturday, Oct. 27 from noon to 2 p.m. There is no charge. Children are encouraged to wear their Halloween costumes and bring their trick-or-treat bags. There is no charge. Call (561) 904-4000 for more info.
• The Acreage Avengers for ages 12 to 17 will meet Saturday, Oct. 27 at 2 p.m. at the Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.). Bring your ideas to make the library a better place for all teens. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host its Chess Club for Kids for age 8 and up Saturday, Oct. 27 at 2:30 p.m. Practice strategy skills with other players. Basic game knowledge is required. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• Palms West Presbyterian Church (13689 Okeechobee Blvd., Loxahatchee Groves) will host its annual “Trunk or Treat” Saturday, Oct. 27 from 3 to 5 p.m. Kids are invited to dress in costume and stop by for Halloween crafts, carnival games, prizes, snacks and trick-or-treat through the church parking lot. Call (561) 795-6292 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will feature “Origami Jewelry” for ages 10 to 15 on Saturday, Oct. 27 at 3 p.m. Learn how to make pretty jewelry out of folded paper. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• Royal Palm Beach will hold its Fall Fest on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 4 to 9 p.m. at Veterans Park (1036 Royal Palm Beach Blvd.). This is a community festival with vendors, craft projects for the family and lots of great food. A park and hayride will be available from the RPB Cultural Center and Village Hall. Call (561) 790-5149 for more info.
• The Florida Nepal Association will celebrate its 20th annual general meeting and Dashain event Saturday, Oct. 27 from 5 to 11:30 p.m. at the RPB Cultural Center (151 Civic Center Way). For more info., visit www.floridanepal.org or call (561) 358-6549.
• Glades Day School (400 Gator Blvd., Belle Glade) will host its Fall Festival 2012 on Saturday, Oct. 27 from 5 to 10 p.m. Call (561) 996-6769 for more info.
• The St. Rita Council of Catholic Women will sponsor Bunko on Saturday, Oct. 27 at 7 p.m. in the parish center (13645 Paddock Drive, Wellington). Admission costs $10 and includes refreshments. Call Caroline at (561) 798-2853 for more info.
• The Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches will begin its 52nd concert season with “Piano Man” on Saturday, Oct. 27 at 7:30 p.m. at Palm Beach State College’s Eissey Campus Theatre in Palm Beach Gardens and Saturday, Nov. 3 at 7:30 p.m. at the college’s Duncan Theatre in Lake Worth. Tickets are $15. Call (561) 832-3115 or visit www.symbandpb.com for more info.
Sunday, Oct. 28
• The Wellington Runners Club will present its eighth annual Wellington Horse Country 10-Mile Run, 5K Walk/Run and Kids Fun Run on Sunday, Oct. 28 at Tiger Shark Cove Park (13900 Greenbrier Blvd., Wellington). Registration will open at 6 a.m., and the 10-miler will start at 7:15 a.m. The 5K will start at 7:30 a.m., and the kids fun run will take place after the 10-miler. For more info., contact Jennifer Leeds at email@example.com. To register online, visit www.active.com.
• Wellington will host “Trunk or Treat,” a safe, family-friendly twist on trick-or-treating, Sunday, Oct. 28 from 3 to 5 p.m. in the student parking lot at Wellington High School (2101 Greenview Shores Blvd.). Participants can enjoy live music, refreshments and a trunk decorating contest with gift cards for the winner. There will also be a bounce house, face painting, craft tables and a costume contest for children. Contact Community Projects Manager Kim Henghold at (561) 791-4137 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Monday, Oct. 29
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will feature “Pumpkin Patch” for ages 4 to 7 on Monday, Oct. 29 at 3:30 p.m. Celebrate autumn with fun-filled stories and music. Take home your “Thumb-kin Patch.” Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will feature “Legos” for age 8 and up Monday, Oct. 29 at 4 p.m. Builders create vehicles or buildings out of Lego pieces. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
Tuesday, Oct. 30
• The Palm Beach County Commission will hold a workshop meeting Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 9:30 a.m. in the government center’s Jane M. Thompson Memorial Chambers (301 N. Olive Ave., Sixth Floor, West Palm Beach). For more info., visit www.pbcgov.com.
• The Royal Palm Beach Parks & Recreation Department will offer formal dance classes “Tuesday Tiny Toes” Tuesdays, Oct. 30 through Dec. 18 from 9:30 to 10:15 a.m. at the RPB Recreation Center (100 Sweet Bay Lane). The program will introduce ages 2-3 to classical ballet. The session fee is $100 for RPB residents and $120 for nonresidents. Call (561) 790-5124 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “Pumpkin Collage” for ages 5 to 8 on Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 3:30 p.m. Listen to a story about pumpkins and make an artsy pumpkin or jack-o’-lantern collage. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will feature “Teen Game Night” for ages 12 to 17 on Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 6 p.m. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host “Share a Scare!” for ages 8 to 12 on Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. Hear some truly twisted tales and improve storytelling skills. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach Community Band Concert Series will continue Tuesday, Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. at the Royal Palm Beach Cultural Center (151 Civic Center Way). Refreshments will be served during intermission. Call (561) 790-5149 for more info.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host “Trick or Treat at the Library” on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 10 a.m. Visit each of the three service desks to show off your costume, and get spooky crafts and activities to complete there or take home. Also at 10 a.m., there will also be a costume parade for ages 2 to 5. Kick off Halloween with stories and songs about costumes and dressing up. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host a Costume Parade Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 10:15 a.m. for ages 2 and 3, and at 11:15 a.m. for ages 3 to 5. Dress in your best costume and parade around the library. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• World of Beer Wellington (2465 State Road 7, Wellington) will host a Pumpkin-Carving Contest on Wednesday, Oct. 31. Carve your pumpkin at home with a beer-related theme and bring it to World of Beer between 3 and 6 p.m. All pumpkins will be numbered and displayed. Customers can vote for their favorite between 6:30 and 8:30 p.m. The winners will be announced at 9 p.m. For more info., call (561) 383-6115.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “Reading Buddies” for grades K-5 on Wednesday, Oct. 31 at 4:30 p.m. Children can work once a week with a teen to read together and play literacy games. Pick up an application. The second fall session meets on Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. from Oct. 31 through Dec. 19. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
Thursday, Nov. 1
• Cole Brothers Circus of the Stars will take place Thursday through Sunday, Nov. 1-4 at the West Palm Beach Kennel Club (1111 N. Congress Ave., West Palm Beach). Advance tickets are on sale at www.tickets.com or call (888) 332-5200. For more info., visit www.gotothecircus.com or call (800) 796-5672.
• Plastic Surgery of Palm Beach (10115 W. Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington) will host Girls Night Out on Thursday, Nov. 1 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Activities include a trunk show, cocktails and music. All attendees can receive 20 percent discounts on gift certificate purchases. Call (561) 463-6420.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host a Writers’ Critique Workshop for adults Thursday, Nov. 1 at 6:30 p.m. Share, offer and accept constructive criticism to improve your fiction, nonfiction and poetry in a supportive atmosphere led by Caryn DeVincenti of the Florida Writers’ Association. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach Village Council will meet Thursday, Nov. 1 at 7 p.m. at Village Hall (1050 Royal Palm Beach Blvd.). Call (561) 790-5100 or visit www.royalpalmbeach.com for more info.
Friday, Nov. 2
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a free screening of the movie Snow White & the Huntsman on Friday, Nov. 2 at 7:30 p.m. Bring your own seating. Call (561) 753-2484 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.