Saturday, April 27
• The Wellington Green Market will take place Saturday, April 27 from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wellington Municipal Complex. Call (561) 283-5856 for more info.
• The Mounts Botanical Garden (531 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach) will host its Spring Plant Sale, Hibiscus & Rose Show on Saturday, April 27 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with a member’s breakfast at 8 a.m., and Sunday, April 28 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. More than 80 vendors will have a large assortment of plants and goods. The event is free for members and $10 for nonmembers. For more info., call (561) 233-1757.
• The Northern Palm Beach Chapter of the American Business Women’s Association will host its 17th annual fashion show and luncheon on Saturday, April 27 starting at 11 a.m. at the Embassy Suites Hotel (4350 PGA Blvd., Palm Beach Gardens). For more info., call (561) 329-4485 or visit www.abwanpbflorida.org.
• A Family Fun Day benefit will be held Saturday, April 27 from noon to 5 p.m. at the Okeeheelee Park BMX track to raise money for the family of Pedro Sanchez, who suffered a traumatic brain injury in an airboat accident during the Tropical Storm Isaac flooding. Admission is $10, kids 12 and under free. The event includes activities, games, bounce houses, food and music. For info., visit www.teampedro.myevent.com.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Chess Club for Kids for ages 8 and up on Saturday, April 27 at 2:30 p.m. Practice your strategy skills with other players. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Glee Karaoke for ages 10 to 15 on Saturday, April 27 at 3 p.m. Celebrate Karaoke Week by playing “Glee Karaoke Revolution” while enjoying snacks. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• Families First Day will be at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter on Saturday, April 27 starting at 4:30 p.m. Children 12 and younger will be admitted free and will be able to tour SWAT and hostage negotiator vehicles, a fire-rescue truck, get their face painted and enjoy a baseball game. The Busch Wildlife Sanctuary will be at the event with animals and accepting donations of Dawn liquid soap. There will also be a Zumba class, Tutti Frutti will be giving away samples and the Drowning Prevention Coalition will be on hand with safety information. Adult tickets are $6 and are available at www.familiesfirstpbc.org.
• The Palm Beach Zoo (1301 Summit Blvd, West Palm Beach) will hold its first-ever “Brew at the Zoo” on Saturday, April 27 from 6 to 9 p.m. Sample more than 50 beers including new brews from 20 craft breweries. Proceeds support animal care, conservation, education and sustainability at the zoo. Tickets are only available in advance on the Palm Beach Zoo’s web site, www.palmbeachzoo. org. The cost is $35 for general admission and $75 for VIP. You must be at least 21 years old to attend.
Sunday, April 28
• The Wellington Kids Triathlon will take place Sunday, April 28, beginning at the Wellington Aquatics Complex (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Participants will swim, bike and run different distances based on age group. Registration is $35 and includes a T-shirt for each competitor. Register online at www.active.com.
• The 10th annual Temple Beth Torah Brotherhood Golf Tournament will be held Sunday, April 28 at Breakers West. The event begins at 11 a.m. with a shotgun start at 1 p.m., with an awards reception dinner following the tournament. The cost is $150 per golfer. Register at www.tbtbrotherhood.com. For more info., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Wellington Boys & Girls Club will celebrate the grand opening of the Neil S. Hirsch Family Boys & Girls Club on Wellington Trace on Sunday, April 28 from 1 to 4 p.m. Participants can enjoy bounce houses, food, a petting zoo and more, all while learning about the new club building. For more information, visit www.bgcpbc.org or call (561) 790-0343.
• The General A.A. Vandegrift Detachment, Marine Corps League of Palm Beach County will hold a bowling tournament Sunday, April 28 at 3 p.m. at Greenacres Bowl (6126 Lake Worth Road, Greenacres) to benefit the veteran and youth programs. The cost of $20 per bowler will include shoes and three games of bowling, trophies, and door and raffle prizes. For info., call Mel Lane at (561) 797-5352 or email@example.com, or visit www.palmbeachmcl.org.
Monday, April 29
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “Finding Your Florida Doctor” for adults Monday, April 29 at 2:30 p.m. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Legos for ages 8 and up Monday, April 29 at 4 p.m. Create vehicles or buildings out of Lego pieces. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
Tuesday, April 30
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Children’s Day/Book Day (El día de los niños/El día de los libros) for all ages on Tuesday, April 30 at 3:30 p.m. Enjoy bilingual songs and stories and make a craft to take home. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Cuentos y Canciones (Stories and Songs from Around the World) for ages 3 to 6 on Tuesday, April 30 at 5:30 p.m. Children’s Book Day celebrates diverse backgrounds and the importance of connecting kids with their heritage through stories, songs, games and crafts. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• Whole Foods Market in Wellington (2635 State Road 7) will feature Mango de Mayo Block Party on Tuesday, April 30 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Taste your way around the store while you shop and vote for your favorite sample. There is no charge and no registration is necessary. Call (561) 904-4000 for more info.
Wednesday, May 1
• New Horizons Elementary School (13900 Greenbriar Blvd. Wellington) will host its kindergarten roundup on Wednesday, May 1 at 8:30 a.m. in the cafeteria. Children must be 5 on or before Sept. 1 to be eligible. Call (561) 651-0500 for more info.
• Royal Palm Beach Unit 367 of the American Legion Auxiliary will meet Wednesday, May 1 at 10 a.m. at Palms West Presbyterian Church in Loxahatchee Groves. The meeting will include celebrations for Armed Forces Day, Memorial Day and time of remembrance and reconciliation for those who lost their lives during the Second World War. Snacks and drinks will be served after the meeting. For more info., call (561) 818-9114 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, May 2
• The 2013 Alzheimer’s Educational Conference is set for Thursday and Friday, May 2-3 at the Palm Beach County Convention Center. Caregivers, health professionals, community leaders and law enforcement will share ideas and explore topics that affect Alzheimer’s families. Call (561) 683-2700 for more info.
• Wellington’s Food Truck Invasion will take place Thursday, May 2 from 5 to 9:30 p.m. at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Call (561) 753-2484 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host a Writers’ Critique Workshop for adults Thursday, May 2 at 6:30 p.m. Share, offer and accept constructive criticism to improve your fiction, nonfiction and poetry in a supportive atmosphere led by Caryn DeVincenti. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
Friday, May 3
• The 23rd annual Royal Palm Beach Rotary Golf Tournament will take place Friday, May 3 at the Madison Green Golf Club (2001 Crestwood Blvd. North). Tee time will be at 8:30 a.m. followed by lunch, prizes and a ball drop from a PBSO helicopter. Ask about playing with a former NFL or MLB player. The cost for individual players is $125. Lunch tickets are $35. Proceeds benefit Rotary service projects, scholarships and the Children’s Miracle Network. Visit www.rpbrotary.org for more info.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will present a free screening of the movie Life of Pi on Friday, May 3 at 8:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
Saturday, May 4
• The Greater Lantana Chamber of Commerce will hold its 19th Annual Fishing Derby on Saturday, May 4 beginning at 7 a.m. No check-in is required. A Captains’ Party is planned for Thursday, May 2 at 7 p.m. at the Grumpy Grouper (224 N. 3rd Street, Lantana). A Kids’ Derby will be from 9 a.m. to noon at the Lake Worth Pier. Weigh-in will be from noon to 3:30 p.m. at the Old Key Lime House (300 E. Ocean Ave., Lantana). For info., visit www.lantanafishingderby.com.
• The Missoula Children’s Theatre and more than 50 local students will perform an original musical adaptation of The Wizard of Oz on Saturday, May 4 at 11 a.m. and 7 p.m. at the Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center at Palm Beach State College in Belle Glade. Tickets are $6 and are available at the box office (561) 993-1160, at www.dollyhand.org and at the door.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a free Orange Sunshine ’60s Tribute Concert on Saturday, May 4 at 8:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.