Saturday, June 29
• The fifth annual Team Sargent Fishing Tournament, in memory of West Palm Beach Police Capt. Danny Sargent, will be held Saturday, June 29 from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. out of Rybovich Marina (4200 N. Flagler Drive, West Palm Beach). For more info., e-mail BarberaT@pbso.org.
• “Dig Into Reading: The Real Florida with Matthew Sabatella” will take place Saturday, June 29 at the Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) at 10:30 a.m. and the Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) at 2:30 p.m. Sing along to authentic songs about life in Florida while learning about the people who have called this state home over the past 500 years. Call (561) 790-6030 (Royal Palm Beach) or (561) 790-6070 (Wellington) to pre-register.
• The Mounts Botanical Garden (531 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach) will host “Tropical Fruit Festival: Taste of the Tropics” on Saturday, June 29 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in collaboration with the Palm Beach Chapter of the Rare Fruit Council International and sponsored by Whole Foods Market. Fruit and fruit trees will be available for purchase. There is a $5 entrance donation. Call (561) 233-1757 or visit www.mounts.org for more info.
• The 13U Team Rage Travel Baseball Team will be holding a Texas Hold’Em charity poker tournament on Saturday, June 29 at the Beck Clubhouse (4696 123rd Trail, Royal Palm Beach). First place gets $500, second place get $250 and third place gets $100; $50 at the door includes registration and initial re-entry. Free food and drinks included. Call (561) 644-2110 to RSVP.
Monday, July 1
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Crochet Club for ages 9 and up Mondays at 5 p.m. Learn basic stitches and socialize while you work on projects. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
Tuesday, July 2
• The Palm Beach County Commission will meet Tuesday, July 2 at 9:30 a.m. in the government center’s Jane M. Thompson Memorial Chambers (301 N. Olive Ave., Sixth Floor, West Palm Beach). For more info., visit www.pbcgov.com.
• Wellington Community Center (12150 Forest Hill Blvd.) will present a Free Seminar on Elder Law on Tuesday, July 2 at 10 a.m. for seniors 55 and older. Elder law attorney Mark Shalloway will speak about protecting assets and getting the best long-term care at home, in an assisted living facility or nursing home. Pre-register in person, at www.wellingtonfl.gov or by calling (561) 753-2489, ext. 0.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Crafts for Kids for ages 4 to 8 on Tuesdays at 2 p.m. Make a new friend and bring your creativity. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will feature Happy Birthday, America! for ages 6 and up Tuesday, July 2 at 3:30 p.m. Celebrate the country’s independence by creating a patriotic wind sock. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Loxahatchee Groves Town Council will meet Tuesday, July 2 at 7 p.m. at the Loxahatchee Groves Water Control District office (101 West D Road). Call (561) 793-2418 or visit www.loxahatcheegroves.org for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach Village Council will meet Tuesday, July 2 at 7 p.m. at Village Hall (1050 Royal Palm Beach Blvd.). Call (561) 790-5100 or visit www.royalpalmbeach.com for more info.
Wednesday, July 3
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host eBook Assistance: One-on-One for adults Wednesday, July 3 at 10 a.m. Call for an appointment and learn how to borrow the library’s eBooks in a session with staff. Bring your compatible eReader device and your account information. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
Thursday, July 4
• Royal Palm Beach’s annual Firecracker Golf Tournament will take place Thursday, July 4 at the Village Golf Club (122 Country Club Drive). The scramble format tournament will begin with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. and includes cart and green fees, 50/50 raffle, prizes, contests and more. A barbecue lunch will be provided. Golfers can pre-register at the Cultural Center (151 Civic Center Way), the Recreation Center (100 Sweet Bay Lane) or the Village Golf Club. For more info., call (561) 790-5149.
• Wellington will offer family-friendly Fourth of July entertainment, with a Patriotic Pool Party from noon to 5 p.m. at the Wellington Aquatics Complex (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Admission is free for children age 2 and under, $3 for juniors ages 3 to 17, $5 for adults ages 18 to 54 and $2 for seniors age 55 and older. For more info., call (561) 791-4005.
• Wellington’s Family Fourth Celebration will take place from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at Village Park (11700 Pierson Road), with free bingo, traditional games, inflatable rides, face painting and live music. Free shuttle service will be available from the Palm Tran bus stop at the Mall at Wellington Green beginning at 5:30 p.m. The Zambelli Fireworks Extravaganza begins at 9:15 p.m. For more info., call (561) 791-4005.
• Royal Palm Beach’s annual Star Spangled Spectacular Fourth of July Celebration will take place at Royal Palm Beach Commons Park. Morning activities include a fishing tournament and a 5k fun run. Festivities begin at 1 p.m. Activities include a kids fun zone with carnival style rides, live music, food truck invasion, a craft show, an interactive DJ, cornhole and volleyball tournaments, kayak races and more. The day ends with a Zambelli fireworks show at 9 p.m. For more info., visit www.royalpalmbeach.com or call (561) 790-5124.
• Holiday Events in Lake Worth are planned for Thursday and Friday, July 4 and 5. July 4 starts with the Great American Raft Race at Bryant Park on the Intracoastal Waterway, with vendors and great entertainment beginning at noon, continuing until fireworks at 9 p.m. The fourth annual Holiday Explosion is set for July 5, with Evening on the Avenue beginning at 6 p.m. in the Downtown Cultural Plaza at J Street and Lucerne Avenue between L Street and M Street. The evening will feature live music, dancing in the streets, contests, Haitian drummers and more. For more info., call Andy Amoroso at (561) 533-5272 or Joyce Brown at (215) 205-9441.
Friday, July 5
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Crafternoon for ages 2 and up Fridays at 3:30 p.m. Drop in and make a small craft. Call (561) 790-6030 for more info.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will present a free screening of the movie The Croods on Friday, July 5 at 8:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for info.
Saturday, July 6
• The Royal Palm Beach Parks & Recreation Department will host Crazy Games for children ages 4 to 13 every Saturday, July 6 through July 27, from 10 to 11 a.m. at Lindsay Ewing Park off Sparrow Drive behind the Village Hall complex. Children will participate in water-oriented fitness games to improve their athletic ability. Registration is available online at www.royalpalmbeach.com or www.crazygamesfl.com. Call (561) 790-5124 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Acoustic Java Jam for adults Saturday, July 6 at 2 p.m. Experience a caffeinated collection of local talent or bring acoustic instruments and jam out. Coffee will be provided. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Jove Comedy Experience will appear at the Atlantic Arts Theater (6743 W. Indiantown Road, Jupiter) on Saturday, July 6 at 8 p.m. performing a comedy theater production titled “Bourne on the 4th of July Supremacy,” a blend of improvised, sketch and musical comedy with audience participation. Tickets are $16 per person. Call (561) 575-4942 or visit www.theatlantictheater.com for info.
Monday, July 8
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Messy Masterpieces for age 3 and up Monday, July 8 at 10:30 a.m. Dig into dirt, sand and other outdoor materials to create one-of-a-kind works of art. Dress to get messy. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• Wellington Community Center (12150 Forest Hill Blvd.) will feature a Free Book Review for Seniors age 55 and older Monday, July 8 from noon to 2 p.m. The review will discuss Alexander McCall Smith, Scottish writer and emeritus professor of medical law at the University of Edinburgh. A light lunch will be provided. Pre-register in person, at www.wellingtonfl.gov or by calling (561) 753-2489, ext. 0.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Summer Reads & Travel Needs for adults Monday, July 8 at 4 p.m. Develop language skills, find a good read and learn about library resources to explore this summer. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Loxahatchee Groves Water Control District Board of Supervisors will meet Monday, July 8 at 7:30 p.m. at the district office (101 West D Road). Call (561) 793-0884 or visit www.lgwcd.org for more info.