Saturday, May 30
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host DIY Nail Art for ages 13 and up on Saturday, May 30 at 2:15 p.m. Learn to make nail polish appliqué strips. They’re an easy way to get a perfect manicure every time and make it easy to replicate patterns or pictures. All materials will be provided, but feel free to bring your own. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Eagle Arts Academy Charter School for the Arts (1000 Wellington Trace, Wellington) will hold its first Spring Carnival on Saturday, May 30 from 4 to 8 p.m. There will be bounce houses, carnival games, face painting, pony rides, food trucks and more, Admission is free. For more info., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, June 2
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Game Day for ages 8 to 12 on Tuesday, June 2 at 3 p.m. Bring a friend for Wii gaming and board game fun. Call (561) 790-6070 for info.
• Wellington will host a town hall meeting regarding the Future of K-Park on Tuesday, June 2 at 7 p.m. at the Wellington Municipal Complex (12300 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). For more info., visit www.wellingtonfl.gov.
• The Audubon Society of the Everglades will meet Tuesday, June 2 at 7 p.m. at FAU’s Pine Jog Environmental Education Center (6301 Summit Blvd.). Ricardo Zambrano, regional biologist for the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission, will discuss wildlife use of new and restored habitat in the Lake Worth Lagoon and the Florida Shorebird Alliance. For more info., visit www.auduboneverglades.org.
Wednesday, June 3
• The Florida Department of Transportation will hold a public meeting about the State Road 7 Extension to Northlake Blvd. on Wednesday, June 3 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center, Building 10. For more info., visit www.sr7extension.com.
Thursday, June 4
• The Norton Museum of Art (1451 S. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach) will host its first free summer Thursday for Florida residents on June 4 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m., which includes an Art After Dark performance by singer-songwriter Josh Miles, a chef demo, a docent-led tour, a presentation by Florida Wildlife Corridor Director Mallory Lykes Dimmitt and more. For more info., call (561) 659-6786 or visit www.norton.org.
• The Okeeheelee Nature Center (7715 Forest Hill Blvd.) will offer Story Time for ages 2 to 5 on Thursday, June 4 at 10 a.m. Class activities are specifically designed for toddlers and preschoolers. The cost is $2 per child. Call (561) 233-1400 to RSVP.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host its Writer’s Critique Workshop for adults on Thursday, June 4 at 6:30 p.m. Share, offer and accept constructive criticism to improve your fiction, nonfiction and poetry in a supportive atmosphere led by Caryn DeVincenti. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The American Legion Chris Reyka Memorial Wellington Post 390 will hold its annual Veterans Open House on Thursday, June 4 from 7 to 9:30 p.m. at the Village Park Gymnasium (11700 Pierson Road). For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Friday, June 5
• The West Palm Beach Antiques & Collectibles Show will return to the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center from Friday, June 5 through Sunday, May 7. For more info., visit www.wpbaf.com.
• The Audubon Society of the Everglades will hold a bird walk at Wakodahatchee Wetlands (13206 Jog Road, Delray Beach) on Friday, June 5 at 7 a.m. Visit www.auduboneverglades.org for more info.
• The Women’s Chamber Foundation will hold its 12th annual Linking Women to Learning Scholarship Luncheon on Friday, June 5 at noon at the Kravis Center’s Cohen Pavilion. During the luncheon, 11 scholarships will be awarded. The foundation is the educational arm of the Women’s Chamber of Commerce. For more info., call (561) 659-0285 or visit www.womenschamberfoundation.org.
• Ghost Tours: An Evening In The Dark will be held at Yesteryear Village at the South Florida Fairgrounds on Friday, June 5 at 8 p.m. The cost is $18 per person. For more info., call (561) 790-5232.
Saturday, June 6
• The Norton Museum of Art (1451 S. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach) will offer free Saturdays for Palm Beach County residents beginning June 6, made possible by a gift by Damon and Katherine Mezzacappa. The gift also provides for expanding the museum’s Family Studio program to every Saturday, and dramatically lowering that program’s cost from $8 to $1 per child. For more info., call (561) 659-6786 or visit www.norton.org.
• The Boca Raton Dog Club Annual AKC Show will take place at the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center on Saturday, June 6 and Sunday, June 7. For more info., call (561) 271-9506 or (561) 368-6334.
• Wellington lifeguards and Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue will teach water safety and drowning prevention at Make a SPLASH (Safety and Prevention Leaves All Swimmers Happy) on Saturday, June 6 from 9 a.m. to noon at the Wellington Aquatic Complex. Call (561) 753-2484 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• The Okeeheelee Nature Center (7715 Forest Hill Blvd.) will offer Archery for Beginners for ages 8 to 15 on Saturdays, June 6 and 13 at 9:30 a.m. Learn the basics of archery and develop a great new skill during this two-hour program. Equipment is provided. Call (561) 233-1400 to RSVP.
• The 16th annual Philippine Summer Festival, hosted by the Philippine American Society of Palm Beach County, will take place Saturday, June 6 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. at the South Florida Fairgrounds. For more info., call Marlyn Sepanik at (561) 289-0837, Christina Regino at (561) 723-9323 or Conchita Mateo at (561) 386-1209.
• CAFCI will hold its “A Home of Our Own” Fish Fry Fundraiser on Saturday, June 6 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Downers Park (16700 E. Downers Drive). A $12 donation includes a fish dinner. There will be games, music, a bake sale and more. For more info., call Millie Hampton at (561) 790-1751 or Lawrence Logan at (561) 791-0162.
• The Wellington Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with Whole Foods Market in Wellington (2635 State Road 7), will host Get Out and Have a Healthy and Fit Summer with three seminars on Saturday, June 6 from noon to 4 p.m. There will be vendors, healthy food, live music, gift baskets, raffles, a scavenger hunt for kids and more. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.wellingtonchamber.com for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host its Anime Club for ages 12 to 17 on Saturday, June 6 at 12:30 p.m. Meet other teens who enjoy watching and talking about anime. Snacks will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “The British Brass Band Tradition in America” on Saturday, June 6 at 2:15 p.m. Members of the Orchid City Brass Band, South Florida’s premier British-style brass band, will guide a lively discussion of the all-brass band tradition in England and America. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.