AUG. 2 — The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in finding a suspect wanted for a vandalism spree in Wellington.
The incidents of vandalism occurred on Sunday, Aug. 2 at approximately 2 a.m. The suspect used a baseball bat to commit at least 17 acts of vandalism to vehicles and houses of worship.
The vandalism spree dominated the reports released this week by the PBSO’s District 8 substation in Wellington. Among the incidents:
• The rear window and side window of a 2005 Ford Freestyle were smashed at a home on Exotica Lane, causing $1,300 in damage.
• On Folkstone Circle, there were two reports of vandalism. Someone smashed the right rear passenger window of a 2008 Chevy Malibu, causing $350 in damage, and someone smashed the rear window of a 2005 Honda Element, causing $700 in damage.
• Someone smashed the double-pane glass entry doors at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints on Big Blue Trace, causing $1,000 in damage.
• Someone smashed the front door to Temple Beth Torah on Big Blue Trace, causing $500 in damage.
• In the Arissa Place community, the rear window of a 2015 Kia Forte was smashed, causing $500 in damage, and the rear window of a 2005 Toyota Prius was also smashed, causing $1,000 in damage.
• On Hyacinth Place, someone smashed the rear passenger window of a 2014 GMC 1500, causing $200 in damage.
• On Goldenrod Road, someone smashed the front passenger-side window of a 2004 Dodge Dakota.
• There were two incidents reported on Bedford Mews Drive. In the first, someone smashed the rear window of a 2010 Honda CR-V and the front windshield of a 2006 Toyota Highlander, causing $2,000 in damage. In the second, someone smashed the front windshield of a 2002 Chevrolet Safari van, causing $700 in damage, and also damaged the brake light assembly of a 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer, causing $200 in damage.
• On Yarmouth Drive, someone smashed all five windows of a 2006 Ford vehicle.
If you have information on the individual shown in the video still above, or any other information about the vandalism spree, call Crime Stoppers at (800) 458-TIPS.
ABOVE: The man in the video still shown here is wanted by the PBSO in connection with a vandalism spree Aug. 2 in Wellington.