Saturday, Dec. 26
• The Okeeheelee Nature Center (7715 Forest Hill Blvd.) will host Archery for Beginners on Saturday, Dec. 26 at 9:30 a.m. for ages 8 and up, and Archery Open Range at 1:30 p.m. Learn the basics of archery from safety to shooting and develop a great new skill during the 2-hour program. Equipment is provided. Call (561) 233-1400 for more info.
Monday, Dec. 28
• The Village of Wellington will host a Winter Break Sports & Circus Arts Day Camp from Monday, Dec. 28 through Saturday, Jan. 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Village Park (11700 Pierson Road). Designed for kids ages 5 to 13, the camp costs $250 for residents and $275 for non-residents. For more info., call (561) 345-3217.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Lego Bricks on Monday, Dec. 28 at 3 p.m. Create vehicles or buildings out of Lego bricks. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host its Chess Club for ages 6 and up on Monday, Dec. 28 at 6:30 p.m. The all-level chess club is for adults, teens and children interested in learning more about and practicing the game of kings. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
•The Wellington Radio Club will meet Monday, Dec. 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue Station 30 (9610 Stribling Way). National Weather Service Senior Forecaster Arlena Moses will speak about the intense El Niño season. Call Larry Lazar at (561) 385-2986 or e-mail email@example.com for more info.
Tuesday, Dec. 29
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Mr. Lemoncello’s Library Scavenger Hunt for ages 8 to 12 on Tuesday, Dec. 29 at 10 a.m. Participate in an exciting scavenger hunt based on the hit book Escape from Mr. Lemoncello’s Library by Chris Grabenstein. Try to figure out the clues by using the library’s resources before everyone else does and win a special prize. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The South Florida Science Center & Aquarium (4801 Dreher Trail North, West Palm Beach) will host GEMS (Girls Excelling in Math and Science) Club with Brainiacs: It’s All About The Brain on Tuesday, Dec. 29 from 5 to 7 p.m. For more info., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 370-7703.
Wednesday, Dec. 30
• Registration ends Dec. 30 for Adult Softball Leagues at Okeeheelee Park. Leagues are available for men’s and mixed teams, ages 18 and older. Leagues start the week of Jan. 8. For more info., contact Adam Schackmann at (561) 963-6722 or email@example.com.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Kids Wii U Gaming & More for ages 7 to 12 on Wednesday, Dec. 30 at 11 a.m. Bored of staying home and watching TV during winter break? Play some of your favorite Wii U and board games with friends. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host its Card Gamers Club for all ages on Wednesday, Dec. 30 at 7 p.m. If you like collectible card games, this is your place to be. Bring your deck, box or binder, and come with a friend or make a new one. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts (701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach) will feature Matisyahu: Live at Stubb’s 10-Year Anniversary on Wednesday, Dec. 30 at 8 p.m. For tickets, call (561) 832-7469 or visit www.kravis.org.
Thursday, Dec. 31
• The Village of Wellington will host Breakfast on the Green to kick off Great Hometown’s 20th Anniversary of Incorporation on Thursday, Dec. 31 from 9 to 11 a.m. at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.), with a breakfast of eggs, sausage, hash browns, bagels, as well as a fruit and yogurt parfait. Coffee and water will also be available. Bobby G. will perform on the stage during the breakfast. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• South Florida Science Center & Aquarium (4801 Dreher Trail North, West Palm Beach) will host Noon Year’s Eve on Thursday, Dec. 31 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Ring in 2016 with a dance party, science crafts, dino-themed activities, popcorn, snow cones and a dry ice apple cider toast at noon. Decorate your own party hats and horns. The event is included with paid admission to the science center. For more info., call (561) 832-1988 or visit www.sfsciencecenter.org.
• The Maltz Jupiter Theatre will present Capital Steps New Year’s Eve on Thursday, Dec. 31 at 5 p.m. Visit www.jupitertheatre.org for more info.
• The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts will present “The Best of Forbidden Broadway 30th Anniversary Tour” from Thursday, Dec. 31 through Saturday, Jan. 2. The riotous revue features outrageous costumes, hysterical rewrites of familiar songs and dead-on impressions. Visit www.kravis.org for more info.
• Caribbean-Americans for Community Involvement (CAFCI) will hold its annual New Year’s Eve Gala at the Royal Palm Beach Cultural Center (151 Civic Center Way) on Thursday, Dec. 31 starting at 8 p.m. For info., call Dennis Wright at (561) 653-1586, Lawrence Logan at (561) 791-0162 or Junnette Powell at (561) 346-2353, or call the CAFCI hotline at (561) 790-4002. Tickets are also available at www.cafcipbc.org.
• The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts will present the Mel Brooks musical The Producers on Thursday, Dec. 31 at 8 p.m. Visit www.kravis.org for more info.
Friday, Jan. 1
• The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts will present the Strauss Symphony of America in New Year’s Concert 2016: Salute to Vienna on Friday, Jan. 1 at 8 p.m. with conductor Alexander Steinitz and dancers from the Vienna Imperial Ballet. Visit www.kravis.org for more info.
Saturday, Jan. 2
• The Audubon Society of the Everglades will hold its annual Christmas Bird Count on Saturday, Jan. 2. Registration is required. For more info., e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.auduboneverglades.org.
• The Green Market at Wellington will be held on Saturday, Jan. 2 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Visit www.greenmarketatwellington.com for more info.
Sunday, Jan. 3
• The Audubon Society of the Everglades will hold a car pool and bird walk around Storm Water Treatment Area 1-E managed by South Florida Water Management District on Sunday, Jan. 3 at 7:30 a.m. To register, e-mail email@example.com, visit www.auduboneverglades.org or call Linda at (586) 854-0145.
Monday, Jan. 4
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Art Club for ages 6 to 12 on Monday, Jan. 4 at 3 p.m. Live through your art by exploring different mediums. Dress to get messy. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• La Leche League’s Mother to Mother Breastfeeding Support Group will meet Monday, Jan. 4 at 7 p.m. at Wellington Regional Medical Center. Visit www.lllwellington.org for more info.
Tuesday, Jan. 5
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Design a Puzzle for ages 8 to 12 on Tuesday, Jan. 5 at 3 p.m. Playing with puzzles is fun. What if you could design your own? Use blank puzzle pieces to create a one-of-a-kind puzzle. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.