Saturday, April 30
• Florida Trail Association volunteers will clear trails at the Okeeheelee Nature Center (7715 Forest Hill Blvd.) on Saturday, April 30 at 7:30 a.m. Wear long pants, shirts, hat and gloves, and bring a clipping tool. Visit www.loxfltrail.org for info.
• The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office will present its eighth annual Run for the Animals & Family Fun Day on Saturday, April 30 from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Micanopy Pavilion in Okeeheelee Park (7115 Forest Hill Blvd.). Vendors and rescues can sign up at email@example.com or by calling (561) 688-3981. Register at www.active.com. For more info., contact Kevin O’Brien at (561) 242-5815 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Mounts Botanical Garden (531 N. Military Trail) will present Urban Farming: Sustainable Backyard Vegetable Growing on Saturday, April 30 at 9 a.m. Visit www.mounts.org for more info.
• The Color Vibe 5K will be held at the South Florida Fairgrounds on Saturday, April 30 at 9 a.m. Visit www.thecolorvibe.com for more info.
• The final Green Market at Wellington for this season will be held Saturday, April 30 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). For more info., visit www.greenmarketatwellington.com.
• The Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce will hold its Young Entrepreneur Academy Tradeshow Event on Saturday, April 30 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Mall at Wellington Green. Participating students will debut their businesses at this free event. For more info., visit www.cpbchamber.com.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “If You Plant It, They Will Come: Attracting Wildlife With Native Plants” on Saturday, April 30 at 10:30 a.m. Discover what you can do to help provide a habitat for wildlife visitors and receive a voucher for a free three-gallon native tree or shrub, while supplies last. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• Gulfstream Goodwill will host Goodwill Night at Roger Dean Stadium on Saturday, April 30, as the Jupiter Hammerheads take on the Bradenton Marauders. Any fan who brings three gently used items will receive one free ticket to enjoy the game. Gates open at 4:30 p.m., with the game starting at 5:30 p.m. Donation attendants will be on hand to accept items. Look for the Gulfstream Goodwill truck outside of Gate B. For more info., visit www.gulfstreamgoodwill.org/events.
• St. Rita Parish Center (13645 Paddock Drive, Wellington) will hold a Charity Quarter Auction on Saturday April 30. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the auction starts at 7 p.m. Donations will benefit charities supported by the St. Rita Council of Catholic Women, including a high school scholarship. For more info., call Caroline at (561) 798-2853.
• The Sisterhood of Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Suite 19, Boynton Beach) will host its Saturday Jewish Film Night with The Shvitz, a lively and funny view of the bath houses of New York’s Lower East Side on Saturday, April 30 at 7:30 p.m. Call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail email@example.com for more info.
Sunday, May 1
• The Women of the Western Communities will host a fashion show, auction and brunch fundraiser on Sunday, May 1 at 11 a.m. at the Wanderers Club in Wellington. Proceeds will benefit the YWCA Harmony House, a safe emergency shelter for abused women and their children, and the WWC Scholarship Fund. Contact Mair Armand at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 635-0011 for more information, or to donate an auction item or purchase tickets.
• Elbridge Gale Elementary School student Jaidyn Brody is organizing Hole In One Fore A Cure, a fundraiser benefiting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society, on Sunday, May 1 from 5 to 7 p.m. at the Madison Green Country Club (2001 Crestwood Blvd. North, Royal Palm Beach). For more info., call (502) 773-3708 or visit www.tinyurl.com/holeinonells.
• A Fine Art Exhibition featuring 12 local artists presented by Kathryn Carlyle and Norman Gitzen will be held Sunday, May 1 from noon to 6 p.m. at 8355 Rodeo Drive in suburban Lake Worth. E-mail email@example.com for more info.
Monday, May 2
• The Florida Alliance for Retired Americans will present a personal and home safety seminar with a spotlight on seniors Monday, May 2 at 1 p.m. at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church (12200 W. Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington). The event will feature David D’Eugenio, founder of the HomeSafety Academy in Lake Park. For more info., contact Nancy Tanner at (561) 793-9677.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Stitching Starters Beginning Crochet for ages 10 and up Monday, May 2 at 4:30 p.m. Learn the basics of crocheting. If you know how to crochet already, then bring your projects in to work on them and help out new crocheters. Bring a size H, I, J or K hook and skein of worsted weight yarn. Materials will not be provided. Children must be able to work independently. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Florida Trail Association will hold a swap shop at its monthly meeting Monday, May 2 at 6:30 p.m. at Okeeheelee Nature Center (7715 Forest Hill Blvd.). Call Margaret Brabham at (561) 588-3077 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host English Exchange for adults on Mondays, May 2, 9, 16 and 23 at 6:30 p.m. Practice speaking English in a fun and informal atmosphere. Intermediate knowledge of the language is recommended. Call (561) 894-7529 to pre-register.
• La Leche League’s Mother to Mother Breastfeeding Support Group will meet Monday, May 2 at 7 p.m. at Wellington Regional Medical Center. Visit www.lllwellington.org for more info.
Tuesday, May 3
• The Homeless Coalition of Palm Beach County will hold its Senator Philip D. Lewis Center Luncheon, “Paving The Way Home,” on Tuesday, May 3 with doors opening at 11 a.m. and the luncheon beginning at 11:30 a.m. at the Kravis Center’s Cohen Pavilion (701 Okeechobee Blvd., West Palm Beach). For info., visit www.homelesscoalitionpbc.org or call (561) 308-6880.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “It’s Mother’s Day!” for ages 5 to 12 on Tuesday, May 3 at 3 p.m. Celebrate Mother’s Day by creating a fun craft for the special lady in your life. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• Wellington will host a Walk and Talk in the 12th Fairway Community on Tuesday, May 3 from 4 to 6 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Ken Burns’ PBS Jazz Documentary Series for adults on Tuesdays, May 3, 10, 17 and 24 at 6 p.m. Celebrate the music of America, from blues and ragtime to swing, bebop and fusion. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce will host an after-hours networking event at Oak Bistro & Wine Bar (11051 Southern Blvd., Suite 210, Royal Palm Beach) on Tuesday, May 3 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. The event will be a fundraiser for the Central Palm Beach County Community Foundation. For more info., visit www.cpbchamber.com.
• The Audubon Society of the Everglades will hold its monthly membership meeting and lecture Tuesday, May 3 at 7 p.m. at the Pine Jog Environmental Education Center (6301 Summit Blvd.) featuring naturalist and bird keeper Clive Pinnock speaking on mangrove ecology. Visit www.auduboneverglades.org for more info.
Wednesday, May 4
• The Palm Beach International Agricultural Summit will be held Wednesday, May 4 from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Palm Beach County Convention Center. Visit www.pbias.org for more info.
• American Legion Auxiliary Unit #367 of Royal Palm Beach will host a special event Wednesday, May 4 at 10 a.m. at the Palms West Presbyterian Church (13689 Okeechobee Blvd. Loxahatchee Groves). The program will be “Puddle Jumpers of Lantana: The History of the Civil Air Patrol’s Coastal Patrol Base 3,” presented by the Historical Society. For more info., call Marge Herzog at (561) 791-9875.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “Star Wars: May the Fourth Be With You” for children Wednesday, May 4 at 3 p.m. Enjoy Star Wars-themed origami, coloring and crafts. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Mother’s Day Tea for ages 5 to 7 on Wednesday, May 4 at 3 p.m. Bring mom and grandma for a special tea in their honor, with stories, songs, a craft and tea party snacks. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Anime Otaku Club for ages 12 to 17 on Wednesday, May 4 at 6:30 p.m. Hang out, watch anime and eat snacks while you talk with friends and fans about all the coolest stuff from Japan. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Suite 19, Boynton Beach) invites the community to attend Chavurah Shira: A Hebrew and Yiddish Sing-Along on Wednesdays, May 4 and 11 at 7 p.m. For more info., call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, May 5
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Create a Memory Page for ages 16 and up on Thursday, May 5 at 10 a.m. Create artful displays to commemorate special events. In anticipation of Mother’s Day, bring pictures of children and grandchildren. You supply the photos and imagination, the library will provide the rest. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host a Holocaust Awareness Book Discussion: The Book Thief for adults Thursday, May 5 at 2 p.m. Discuss Markus Zusak’s acclaimed yet haunting young adult novel. Pick up a copy of the book at the information desk. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host its Writer’s Critique Workshop for adults Thursday, May 5 at 6:30 p.m. Share, offer and accept constructive criticism to improve fiction, nonfiction and poetry in a supportive atmosphere. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host food trucks on Thursday, May 5 at 5 p.m. with a free concert featuring the band Bachaco at 6:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.
Friday, May 6
The West Palm Beach Antique & Collectibles Show returns to the South Florida Fairgrounds from Friday, May 6 through Sunday, May 8. For more info., visit www.wpbaf.com.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a free screening of the movie Goosebumps on Friday, May 6 at 8 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.
• The Kravis Center for the Performing Arts will present Mavis Staples & The Blind Boys of Alabama on Friday, May 6 at 8 p.m. Visit www.kravis.org for more info.
Saturday, May 7
• The Jim Sackett Invitational Celebrity Softball Tournament will take place Saturday, May 7 at the Okeeheelee Park softball fields beginning at 8 a.m. All proceeds will benefit Friends of Foster Children. This family-friendly event will include food, appearances by local celebrities and softball. For more information, call Coleen LaCosta at (561) 352-2542 or visit www.friendsoffosterchildren.com.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a free Van Halen tribute concert on Saturday, May 7 at 8 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.