Looking to get into the holiday spirit this December? The Village of Wellington offers a host of fun, family activities throughout the month.
The month kicked off with a Holiday Cultural Celebration on Thursday, Dec. 1 at the Town Center Promenade with a holiday tree lighting, book readings, face painting, food trucks, holiday card crafting, a hot cocoa station, live performances, vendors and more.
Holiday light displays will continue at the Town Center Promenade throughout the month of December. Enjoy festive light displays along the promenade, located at 12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd., behind the Wellington Community Center. The lights will be on display throughout the month, courtesy of the village and its community partners, Bang Energy, Baptist Health, Florida Power & Light, Good Vibes and Wellington Regional Medical Center.
• Friday, Dec. 9, Winterfest 2022 — Winterfest, presented by the Wellington Chamber of Commerce and the Village of Wellington, will take place at Village Park (11700 Pierson Road) on Friday, Dec. 9, from 6 to 10 p.m. Featuring headline performer, musical icon, philanthropist, actor and TV star Vanilla Ice, the event will include live musical performances, exhibitors, retail and holiday shopping, food vendors, lounges for adult attendees, kids and teen activities, and more. Complimentary on-site and shuttle parking will be available. For more information, visit www.wellingtonchamber.com.
• Fridays in December, Holiday Shopping at the Lakeside Market — Get in your last-minute gift shopping, support local small businesses and enjoy one of Florida’s beautiful winter evenings outdoors at the Lakeside Market at Wellington Town Center. Browse unique gifts and handcrafted goods while shopping with a variety of artists, crafters, bakers, makers and more. A number of food and beverage vendors will also be on-site offering a selection of items for purchase. The market will be open on Fridays, from 5 to 9 p.m. on Wellington’s Town Center Promenade (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). The Dec. 16 market will feature a free screening of The Polar Express starting at 7 p.m. Guests should bring their own blankets or chairs for seating. Learn more about the market and view the vendor list at www.wellingtonlakesidemarket.com.
• Saturday, Dec. 10, the 32nd annual Children’s Holiday Fishing Classic — Get ready to reel in “the big one” at the 32nd annual Children’s Holiday Fishing Classic, presented by the Village of Wellington in conjunction with the Florida Fish & Wildlife Conservation Commission and Building Up Sports Academy. The tournament will take place on Saturday, Dec. 10, from 8 to 11 a.m. at Village Park (11700 Pierson Road) and is open to all local children ages 15 and younger. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place based on a point system of fish caught and released in each age group: 6 and under, ages 7 to 9, ages 10 to 12 and ages 13 to 15. Registration is free and may be completed in advance at Village Park (11700 Pierson Road) or the Wellington Community Center (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to request a registration form. Learn more at www.wellingtonfl.gov/holidayfishing.
• Saturday, Dec. 10, the Holiday Boat Parade — Come watch as local residents and boating enthusiasts “light up the lake” at the annual Holiday Boat Parade on Lake Wellington. Approximately 30 festive, decorated boats are expected to cruise in the parade. Visible from the Town Center Promenade, the boats will pass behind the Wellington Community Center around 6:30 p.m. Those interested in participating should contact Jack Brownson at email@example.com for more info.
• Sunday, Dec. 11, the 38th annual Wellington Holiday Parade “Favorite Holiday Destination” — The annual Wellington Holiday Parade, hosted by the Village of Wellington and the Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce, returns on Sunday, Dec. 11. Enjoy a free day of fun and festivities with a judged parade filled with imaginative floats, marching bands, characters, dance troupes and more. The parade begins at 1:30 p.m. and winds its way down Forest Hill Blvd., from Wellington Trace to Ken Adams Way. Visit www.cpbcchamber.com for more information.
• Tuesday, Dec. 13, Senior Holiday Party — Wellington seniors ages 50 and up are invited to attend a free Senior Holiday Party on Tuesday, Dec. 13, from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m., at the Wellington Community Center (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Lunch will be provided, along with holiday-themed decorations, entertainment and activities. Registration is required. Call (561) 753-2484 to RSVP. Existing CivicRec users may sign up at www.wellingtonfl.gov/civicrec.
• Sunday, Dec. 18, Wellington Holiday Jingle Bell Run 5K — The annual Wellington Holiday Jingle Bell Run 5K returns to Village Park (11700 Pierson Road) on Sunday, Dec. 18. The race begins at 7 a.m., and participants are encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy to be donated to families in the Wellington community as part of the annual Hometown Holiday Toy Drive. All participants will be provided with jingle bells to wear prior to the start of the race. For registration information, visit www.active.com.
To learn more about holiday events in Wellington, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/events.