The Acreage/Loxahatchee Rotary Club has announced that the third annual Underage Drinking Prevention School Bus Poster Contest is underway now and will culminate with an awards ceremony on Feb. 18, 2013. It is open to all Palm Beach County residents in grades K-12 and is designed to promote a positive, alcohol-free lifestyle for youth.
This educational campaign is a community collaboration. The contest is co-sponsored by the Palm Beach County Substance Awareness Coalition, the School District of Palm Beach County, Adobe, the South Florida Fair and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office.
Last year, there were more than 770 entries from 66 schools. The winning artwork will be placed in the Palm Beach County School District buses by more than 100 volunteers for 58,000 students to view daily. Throughout the fall, winners’ artwork will be on view in each of the 17 Palm Beach County Library System branches.
Prizes include the following:
• Adobe will award the top two high school students with the Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite (current version), which is valued at approximately $1,899, and the top two middle and top two elementary school students each will receive a copy of Adobe Photoshop Premier Elements, which is valued at $450.
• The top six winners — two elementary, two middle and two high school students — each will receive a $50 gift card and each of their posters will be displayed on all school district school buses.
• The South Florida Fair will showcase a minimum of one poster per school entry at next year’s fair.
• The teacher of each of the top six winners will receive a $100 gift card to be used toward classroom materials.
• The principal of each winner will receive two “any day” fair admission tickets.
The deadline to submit all entries is Friday, Dec. 7 at 11:59 p.m. For more information about the contest, or to learn about volunteering for this project, contact Alexa Lee at (561) 844-5952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.