Caribbean-Americans for Community Involvement (CAFCI) is offering deserving high school graduates the opportunity to apply for a monetary student assistance award.
Students interested in applying must have at least a 3.0 GPA and must demonstrate continuous academic success through their high school tenure. Applicants must show that they have participated in school and community activities and must also show an interest in the Caribbean community.
The monetary assistance is awarded to students who are going on to a college, university or an accredited institution of higher learning. If selected, the student must provide proof of acceptance from the prospective school before receiving the award.
Eligibility requirements are as follows. Applicants must:
• Be a resident of Palm Beach County;
• Currently attend high school in Palm Beach County and expect to graduate within one year;
• Demonstrate an interest in Caribbean-American affairs;
• Provide a completed application postmarked no later than March 15;
• Provide an acceptance letter from a college/university (which must accompany the application);
• Be available for an interview on April 6; and
• Be able to attend a presentation of awards ceremony on May 11 at 7 p.m. if selected.
School principals’ and guidance counselors’ signatures are required on the application. Applications and accompanying documents must be postmarked or dropped off no later than March 15 at 1030 Royal Palm Beach Blvd., Box 11, Royal Palm Beach, FL 33411.
Visit the CAFCI web site at www.cafcipbc.org to obtain the application and all necessary documentation.
For more information, contact Committee Chair Elaine Ealy at (561) 351-0068 or via e-mail at email@example.com.