Saturday, June 28
• Palms West Amateur Radio Club will hold a Field Day Event at Okeeheelee Park in the Osceola Pavilion on Saturday, June 28 all day and Sunday, 29 from 8 a.m. until noon. For more info., contact Rob Pease at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 358-9999.
• The Wellington Aquatics Complex (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host “Make a S.P.L.A.S.H.” (Safety and Prevention Leaves All Swimmers Happy) on Saturday, June 28 from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. Lifeguards, pediatric residents and Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue will be on hand to discuss and demonstrate water safety. The event is free to the public. For more info., visit www.wellingtonfl.gov.
• Red Barn Feed & Supply (12948 Okeechobee Road, Loxahatchee Groves) will celebrate its 25th anniversary and a 2014 Purina Check-R-Board Days customer appreciation event Saturday, June 28 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. with giveaways food, entertainment and special promotions. Red Barn will be raffling off a John Deere Gator. Visit www.redbarn1.com or call (561) 790-0004 for more info.
• The Wellington Radio Club will host its Field Day around the clock from 2 p.m. on Saturday, June 28 through 2 p.m. on Sunday, June 29 in Pavilion 3 at Village Park on Pierson Road. For more info., visit www.qsl.net/k4wrc.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “What Makes You ‘You’?” on Saturday, June 28 at 2:30 p.m. Do you know that almost every cell in your body has a complete set of instructions on how to make you? Join scientists from the Scripps Research Institute in a fun afternoon of discovery for the whole family. Isolate your own DNA and learn what DNA has to do with the groundbreaking science taking place in Palm Beach County. For all ages; parents must accompany children. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host Tribute Concerts & Food Trucks on Saturday, June 28 from 5 to 10:30 p.m. A Young Elvis tribute is at 6:30 p.m., followed by a tribute to ’60s music by the Orange Sunshine Band at 8:30 p.m. Food Trucks will be on site from 5 to 10:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
Sunday, June 29
• The Acreage Green Market will take place Sunday, June 29 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Acreage Community Park (6701 140th Ave. North). For more info., visit www.acreagegreenmarket.org or call (561) 723-3898.
• A benefit for Wellington resident Dan Meeker will be held Sunday, June 29 at the Atlantis Country Club. Meeker has been diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome. A $35 donation includes a barbecue dinner, dance music, raffles and cash prizes. Contact Jonnell Coss at (561) 267-3252 or Elaine Wherry (561) 683-3932 for more info.
Monday, June 30
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Physics Fun for ages 8 and up Monday, June 30 at 4 p.m. Use the laws of physics to construct and test a portable catapult. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
Tuesday, July 1
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Shadow Tracing for ages 4 to 7 on Tuesday, July 1 at 3 p.m. Draw and color silhouettes from reflections and shadows made by altered light. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “Are You Ready to Lego?” for ages 3 to 6 on Tuesday, July 1 at 3 p.m. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “Happy Birthday, America!” for ages 6 and up Tuesday, July 1 at 3:30 p.m. Celebrate Independence Day and create a patriotic lantern. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• Audubon Society of the Everglades will meet Tuesday, July 1 at 7:30 p.m. at Pine Jog Environmental Center (6301 Summit Blvd, West Palm Beach). The program will be on “Pre-Columbian Everglades Inhabitants” by archeologist Christian Davenport. Refreshments will be served at 7 p.m. Visit www.auduboneverglades.org for more info.
Wednesday, July 2
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host American Girl: Marie-Grace & Cécile for ages 6 to 12 on Wednesday, July 2 at 3 p.m. Experience the excitement of hunting for a classy craft at a re-creation of 1850s New Orleans at the famous French Market, where these two friends learn that you can face anything together. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Science Club for ages 8 to 12 on Wednesday, July 2 at 3:30 with “Salt Art.” Art and science combine for this magical process. Dress to get messy. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
Thursday, July 3
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Get Gross with Slime Science for ages 8 to 12 on Thursday, July 3 at 3 p.m. Learn the chemistry behind things that are sticky, slimy and gooey. Dress to get messy. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
Friday, July 4
• The Village of Royal Palm Beach will host its annual Fourth of July Firecracker Golf Tournament at the Madison Green Golf Club on Friday, July 4 beginning at 8 a.m. The golf outing is in scramble format, with a barbecue lunch. Registration continues until Tuesday, July 1. Player registration is $75 per golfer, $300 per foursome and $100 per hole sponsor. Call (561) 790-5149 for more information or to register.
• The Palm Beach Zoo (1301 Summit Blvd., West Palm Beach) will host a Red, White & Zoo BBQ on Friday, July 4 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. with grilled food items for sale in the interactive fountain area from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Keep the patriotism rolling through the evening with Safari Nights at the Zoo from 4:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. For more info., visit www.palmbeachzoo.org.
• Wellington will hold a Fourth of July Celebration beginning with a Patriotic Pool Party at the Wellington Aquatic Complex (12150 Forest Hill Blvd.) from noon to 5 p.m. A free Family Fourth Celebration will be held at Village Park (11700 Pierson Road) from 6 to 9 p.m. with live entertainment, traditional games, pony rides, bounce houses, a petting zoo, face painting and food vendors. The celebration will conclude with a fireworks extravaganza at 9:15 p.m. For info., call (561) 791-4005 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov.
• Celebrate the Fourth of July with the Village of Royal Palm Beach at the annual Star Spangled Spectacular at Royal Palm Beach Commons Park. Festivities begin at 1 p.m. and conclude with the Zambelli Fireworks International show at 9 p.m. The day will feature multiple activities, including a Kids Fun Zone area and live entertainment. The Food Truck Invasion will be on hand with over 20 gourmet food trucks, and arts and craft vendors will display local, handcrafted masterpieces. Additional activities include a cornhole tournament, a volleyball tournament, the annual Mayor’s Cup Kayak Race, a fishing tournament and more. For more info., visit www.royalpalmbeach.com or call (561) 790-5140.
Saturday, July 5
• Audubon Society of the Everglades will hold a car pool tour around Storm Water Treatment Area 1E managed by South Florida Water Management District on Saturday, July 5 at 7 a.m. to view the large number of birds in the area. Call Linda to pre-register at (561) 742-7791. Visit www.auduboneverglades.org for more info.