Saturday, Aug. 16
• Buckler’s Craft Fair will return to the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center on Saturday, Aug. 16 and Sunday, Aug. 17. Learn more at www.bucklercraftfair.com.
• The Gardens Mall will donate 5 percent of the day’s logged sales Saturday, Aug. 16 to the Education Foundation to support public education in Palm Beach County. In order for a donation to be credited to the foundation, shoppers must validate their receipts at the information desk. For more info., contact Teresa Dabrowski at email@example.com or (561) 351-7196.
• Whole Foods Market (2635 State Road 7, Wellington) will host its sixth annual Back to School Bonanza on Saturday, Aug. 16 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. with the Village of Wellington, Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office. There is no charge. For a $5 donation to Elbridge Gale Elementary School, reusable lunch bags will be available to fill with samples from around the store. Call (561) 904-4000 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host AnimeFest for ages 12 to 17 on Saturday, Aug. 16 at 2 p.m. Come in costume as your favorite characters, enjoy anime trivia and crafts. Pizza and snacks will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
Sunday, Aug. 17
• The Acreage Green Market will take place Sunday, Aug. 17 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Acreage Community Park (6701 140th Ave. North). For more info., visit www.acreagegreenmarket.org or call (561) 723-3898.
• Temple B’nai Jacob of Wellington invites the community to its Bagels & Butterflies Open House on Sunday, Aug. 17 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. The temple is located in the original Wellington Mall at 12794 W. Forest Hill Blvd., Suite 6. This event will give attendees a chance to meet the temple’s new education director, Janie Grackin, as well as the temple’s rabbi, Dr. David Abrams. For more information, call (561) 793-4347 or visit www.templebnaijacob.com.
• St. Andrew’s Episcopal Church (100 North Palmway, Lake Worth) will present its 100 Years of Wining & Dining tasting event Sunday, Aug. 17 from 4 to 6 p.m., with the cuisine of Florida’s immigrants paired with vintages from around the world. Call (561) 582-6609 or e-mail SAEpiscopal@aol.com to purchase tickets.
Monday, Aug. 18
• The Palm Beach County Community Action Agency (CAA) will hold a symposium commemorating two important events that helped pave the road to opportunity for millions of Americans living in poverty: the March on Washington, held Aug. 28, 1963, which featured Martin Luther King Jr.’s historic “I Have a Dream” speech, and President Lyndon B. Johnson’s proclamation announcing a “War on Poverty” on Jan. 8, 1964. “Waging the War on Poverty: Fifty Years Later” will take place Monday, Aug. 18, at 5:30 p.m., in the Jane M. Thompson Memorial Chambers at 301 N. Olive Avenue, West Palm Beach. For more info., contact Doris Davis at (561) 355-4792 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, Aug. 19
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Teen Anime Night for ages 12 to 17 on Tuesday, Aug. 19 at 6 p.m. View new anime titles. Snacks will be provided. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host By Hook or By Crook Crochet Club on Tuesday, Aug. 19 at 6:30 p.m. Learn basic stitches and socialize while you work on projects. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Loxahatchee Groves Town Council will meet Tuesday, Aug. 19 at 7 p.m. at the Loxahatchee Groves Water Control District office (101 West D Road). Call (561) 793-2418 or visit www.loxahatcheegrovesfl.gov for more info.
• The Kretzer Piano Music Foundation will present its third annual Physicians Talent Showcase, featuring the musical talents of up to 20 medical professionals, on Tuesday, Aug. 19 at 7:30 p.m. at the Harriet Himmel Theater at CityPlace. Money raised from the event will benefit Adopt-a-Family of the Palm Beaches, Faith’s Place Center for Education and the Kretzer Piano Music Foundation. For more info., call (561) 748-0036 or visit www.kretzerpiano.com/kpmf.
Wednesday, Aug. 20
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Origami Flowers: Iris for ages 10 and up Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 2:15 p.m. Create a beautiful origami iris. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Koinobori for age 8 and up Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 3:30 p.m. Create your own traditional Japanese streamer. Call (561) 790-6070 for info.
• Whole Foods Market (2635 State Road 7, Wellington) will host its Back-To-School Bites Block Party on Wednesday, Aug. 20 from 5:30 to 7 p.m. Take a tasty stroll around the store and enjoy unique bites. No registration is necessary. Call (561) 904-4000 for more info.
• Shulamit Hadassah will host a Girls Night Out on Wednesday, Aug. 20 at 7 p.m. at TGI Friday’s (580 State Road 7, Royal Palm Beach) with special prices for appetizers and drinks. Contact Shirley at email@example.com or (561) 204-1894 for more info.
Thursday, Aug. 21
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Alphabet Afternoon for ages 2 to 6 on Thursday, Aug. 21 at 3 p.m. Join in for stories, songs and activities featuring the alphabet. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Norton Museum of Art (1451 S. Olive Ave., WPB) will host a DJ Dance Party on Thursday, Aug. 21 from 5 to 9 p.m. Take in the Living Legends Curator’s Conversation for Sketchbook Thursday and DIY portrait collages. For more info., call (561) 832-5196, or visit www.norton.org.
Friday, Aug. 22
• Whole Foods Market (2635 State Road 7, Wellington) will host a wine tasting benefiting Autism Speaks on Friday, Aug. 22 from 6 to 8 p.m. For a $10 donation, enjoy a tasting for a great cause. Call (561) 904-4000 for more info.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a free screening of the film The Hunger Games: Catching Fire on Friday, Aug. 22 at 8 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.
Saturday, Aug. 23
• Our Kids World Family Fun Fest will take place Saturday, Aug. 23 and Sunday, Aug. 24 at the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center with two days of fun for kids of all ages. Visit www.adayforkids.com for more info.
• Excavators, loaders, rakes, buckets, dozers, trailers, heavy and light equipment and other Solid Waste Authority of Palm Beach County surplus items will be sold to the highest bidder Saturday, Aug. 23 at 9 a.m. The auction will take place at the SWA Yard, located at 45th Street and Jog Road in West Palm Beach. Auction items can be inspected between noon and 2 p.m. the Friday before the auction and at 8 a.m. on auction day. All inquiries should be directed to Graham Auction Company at (561) 427-0520. Those not able to attend can bid online at www.proxibid.com.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host Tribute Concerts & Food Trucks on Saturday, Aug. 23 from 5 to 10:30 p.m. A tribute to Frankie Valli by William Cintron will be at 6:30 p.m., followed by a tribute to horn bands at 8:30 p.m. Food trucks will be on site from 5 to 10:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 or visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.