Saturday, May 28
• The Loxahatchee chapter of the Florida Trail Association will hike about nine miles in the Apoxee Wilderness Trail (3125 N. Jog Road, West Palm Beach) on Saturday, May 28 at 8 a.m. Enjoy the peace and quiet of this urban wilderness. Bring plenty of water. Call Joe Rosenberg at (561) 859-1954 for more info.
• Mental Health Association of Palm Beach County will host a fun 5K run/walk on Saturday, May 28 at 8 a.m., with the course starting at the association’s office (909 Fern Street, West Palm Beach). Call (561) 832-3755 or visit www.mhapbc.org for more info.
• Whole Foods Market stores in Palm Beach and Broward counties will host Memorial Day Weekend fundraisers to commemorate men and women of the U.S. military with a Support Our Troops Cookout on Saturday, May 28 from noon to 2 p.m. During the cookout, customers can enjoy a hamburger, hot dog or vegetarian burger with a choice of a side and a drink for a donation of $5. All proceeds from the event will be donated to Forgotten Soldiers Outreach. Call Whole Foods Market in Wellington (2635 State Road 7) at (561) 904-4000 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host an Electric Java Jam for adults on Saturday, May 28 at 2 p.m. Get amped with this plugged-in edition of the music jam. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• Food Truck Safari returns to the Palm Beach Zoo on Saturday, May 28 from 4:30 to 9 p.m. with live music, up-close animal encounters, beer and wine. Visit www.palmbeachzoo.org for more info.
• SingleTogether’s Quarterly Banquet will be held Saturday, May 28 at 7 p.m. at the North Palm Beach Country Club (501 U.S. Highway 1, North Palm Beach). E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (561) 424-6818 for more info.
• The Sisterhood of Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor’s Saturday Jewish Film Night will present the prestigious Israeli Academy’s Best Documentary Award-winning film The Komediant on Saturday, May 28 at 7:30 p.m. at Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Suite 9, Boynton Beach). Call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail to email@example.com for more info.
Sunday, May 29
• The Loxahatchee chapter of the Florida Trail Association will hike through five native Florida ecosystems in the Jupiter Ridge Natural Area (1800 S. U.S. Highway 1) on Sunday, May 29 at 7:30 a.m. Call Allan Collins at (561) 586-0486 for more info.
• Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Boynton Beach) will host a new monthly program, the Caring and Sharing Singles Group, for ages 60 and up. The first session will be Sunday, May 29 from 4 to 6 p.m. Donations will be appreciated to pay for the light refreshments to be served. To RSVP, or for more info., call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday, May 30
• The Village of Wellington and the American Legion Chris Reyka Memorial Wellington Post 390 will honor veterans with a Memorial Day Parade starting at the Wellington Municipal Complex (12300 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) on Monday, May 30 at 8:15 a.m., ending at the Wellington Veterans Memorial at the corner of Forest Hill and South Shore boulevards. All veterans are invited to walk in the parade. A ceremony at the memorial will follow at 8:30 a.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• The Village of Royal Palm Beach will host a Memorial Day Observance on Monday, May 30 at 9 a.m. at the Veterans Park Amphitheater on Royal Palm Beach Blvd. A flag-raising ceremony will be followed by motivational presentations. Following the ceremony, attendees will enjoy free refreshments and a live performance by the Royal Palm Beach Community Band. For more info., call (561) 790-5149.
• The Palm Beach Jerk & Caribbean Culture Festival will be at the South Florida Fairgrounds on Monday, May 30 from 2 to 10 p.m. For more info., visit www.palmbeachjerkfestival.com.
Tuesday, May 31
• Wellington will host a Walk and Talk in the Hawthorne North Side Community on Tuesday, May 31 from 4 to 6 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
Wednesday, June 1
• The Western Communities Council will meet on Wednesday, June 1 at 5:30 p.m. at the Wellington Municipal Complex. Call Laura Aldrich at (561) 791-4085 or e-mail email@example.com for more info.
• Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Suite 19, Boynton Beach) will hold Chavurah Shira: Friends of Song, a Hebrew and Yiddish sing-along, on Wednesdays, June 1 and June 8 at 7 p.m. For more info., call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, June 2
• The Housing Leadership Council will hold an Affordable Housing Roundtable on Thursday June 2 at 8 a.m. at the Palm Beach State College Lake Worth Campus (4200 S. Congress Ave.) in the Public Safety Building. E-mail Rachel Lorenzo at email@example.com or call (561) 653-4107 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Create a Memory Page on Thursday, June 2 at 2 p.m. Create artful displays to commemorate special events and those you love. Bring personal photos and your imagination. Supplies will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host food trucks on Thursday, June 2 at 5 p.m. with a free concert featuring the Flyers at 6:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.
• Women of the Western Communities will meet Thursday, June 2 at the Wanderers Club in Wellington, starting with a happy hour/meet-and-mingle at 6 p.m. with the program starting at 6:30 p.m. The June meeting will feature scholarship presentations, essay readings and the installation of the 2016-17 board of directors. For more info., contact Mair Armand at (561) 635-0011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Friday, June 3
• The Women’s Chamber of Commerce will present its 13th annual Linking Women to Learning Scholarship Luncheon on Friday, June 3 at the Kravis Center’s Cohen Pavilion. There will be a silent auction from 11 a.m. to noon with proceeds going to future scholarships. The program and lunch will begin at 12:15 p.m. Visit www.womenschamberfoundation.org for more info.
• The Armory Art Center (1700 Parker Ave., West Palm Beach) will host a workshop on making silver earrings Friday, June 3 at 1:30 p.m. Students will create earrings using sterling silver with textures and colorful accents. Demonstrations will include how to make your own earring backs, various textures using the rolling mill and proper use of the torch. Call (561) 832-1776 or visit www.armoryart.org to pre-register.
Saturday, June 4
• The Wellington Aquatics Complex (12072 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a free Make a SPLASH (Safety and Prevention Leaves All Swimmers Happy) Event on Saturday, June 4 from 9 a.m. to noon. Pediatric residents from Palms West Hospital and first responders from Palm Beach County Fire-Rescue will be on-hand to discuss water safety issues. Multiple vendors will also be on site. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• The Armory Art Center (1700 Parker Ave., West Palm Beach) will host a two-day class on Maps of the World on Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Using paint, collage, and vintage travel guides and maps, each student will create two artists’ books and learn interesting techniques along the way. Call (561) 832-1776 or visit www.armoryart.org to pre-register.
• Red Barn Feed & Supply (12948 Okeechobee Blvd., Loxahatchee Groves) will host a fundraiser for Barky Pines Animal Rescue & Sanctuary on Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5 with grilled hot dogs and burgers, a feed sale, pet adoptions, a pet boutique and raffle prizes. For more info., visit www.barkypinesanimalrescue.com.
• The Armory Art Center (1700 Parker Ave., West Palm Beach) will host a two-day workshop on Blacksmithing Cutlery on Saturday, June 4 and Sunday, June 5 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m. Students will use basic forging techniques to create an elegant Viking-style serving knife. Call (561) 832-1776 or visit www.armoryart.org to pre-register.
• Perfect 10 Archery (342 Pike Road, Suite 27, West Palm Beach) will host a Summer Olympics Family Fun Day on Saturday, June 4 from noon to 6 p.m. The company will host archery, air rifle, soccer and Olympic art, along with Allegiances Athletes in dancing, gymnastics, tumbling and more. For info., e-mail Jennifer Samsel at email@example.com or call (561) 203-6633.
• The Huntington Learning Center and the Goddard School (2655 State Road 7 near Whole Foods Market) will hold an open house on Saturday, June 4 at noon with fun, food and prizes to kick off its summer Reading Adventure Program. Call (561) 594-1920 for more info.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Yoga for Kids for ages 8 to 12 on Saturday, June 4 at 3 p.m. Exercise, have fun and build your concentration skills all at the same time. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Guyana Consulate of Florida and Guyana Day USA will host an Independence Gala cultural show, dinner and dance Saturday, June 4 at the Royal Palm Beach Cultural Center (151 Civic Center Way) at 6 p.m. It will celebrate the golden jubilee of Guyana’s independence in 1966. For more info., call (561) 328-9672.