Saturday, Aug. 27
• Our Kids World Family Fun Fest returns to the South Florida Fairgrounds on Saturday, Aug. 27 and Sunday, Aug. 28. For more info., visit www.adayforkids.com.
• The Palm Beach Photographic Centre will host its 20th annual Members’ Juried Exhibition in conjunction with its FOTOcamp 2016 Exhibit opening Saturday, Aug. 27 and running through Oct. 29. The exhibit will showcase the diverse work of PBPC members and the emerging talent of young photographers. Call (561) 253-2600 or visit www.workshop.org for more info.
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will host a 9-mile hike on the Apoxee Wilderness Trail (3125 N. Jog Road, West Palm Beach) on Saturday, Aug. 27 at 8 a.m. Call (561) 859-1954 for more info.
• Wellington’s Community Services Department will host a Keys to Homeownership Workshop on Saturday, Aug. 27 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at the Wellington Community Center (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) to educate residents looking to purchase their first home. Breakfast and lunch will be served, followed by a TV raffle. RSVP by calling the Community Services Office at (561) 791-4796.
• The Palm Beach Zoo (1301 Summit Blvd., West Palm Beach) will host a Teddy Bear Affair on Saturday, Aug. 27 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Bring your favorite stuffed animal to a veterinarian dress-up station and bear cub coloring contest. Visit www.palmbeachzoo.org for more info.
• The Eagle Theatre Troupe will present “Jamaica Alive!” on Saturday, Aug. 27 at 7 p.m. and Sunday, Aug. 28 at 6 p.m. at the Royal Palm Beach Cultural Center (151 Civic Center Way). Tickets are $30 in advance and $35 at the door for adults. Tickets for children are $15 in advance and $25 at the door. For more info., call (561) 602-4485 or (561) 793-1077, e-mail email@example.com or visit www.rpcchurch.com.
• The Sisterhood of Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor’s Saturday Jewish Film Night will present Betsy’s Wedding on Saturday, Aug. 27 at 7:30 p.m. at Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Suite 19, Boynton Beach). Tickets are $8 per member and $10 per guest. Snacks and beverages are included. Call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
Sunday, Aug. 28
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will walk about an hour at Frenchman’s Forest (12201 Prosperity Farms Road, Palm Beach Gardens) on Sunday, Aug. 28 at 7:30 a.m. Call (561) 586-0486 for more info.
• Temple B’nai Jacob of Wellington will hold an open house Sunday, Aug. 28 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at its location in the original Wellington Mall (12794 W. Forest Hill Blvd., Suite 6). For more info., visit www.templebnaijacob.com.
Tuesday, Aug. 30
• Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. for the Primary Election on Tuesday, Aug. 30. Visit www.pbcelections.org for more info.
• Wellington will hold a Walk and Talk in the Hawthorne South Community on Tuesday, Aug. 30 from 4 to 6 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• The South Florida Science Center & Aquarium (4801 Dreher Trail North) will hold a GEMS Club Meeting on Tuesday, Aug. 30 from 5 to 7 p.m. Open to girls in grades 3 to 8, GEMS allows young girls to discover the exciting world of math, science, engineering and technology. Dinner and refreshments will be provided. August’s theme is “Marvelous Minerals.” Visit www.sfsciencecenter.org or call (561) 832-1988 for more info.
Wednesday, Aug. 31
• Wellington will hold a Neighborhood Watch Meeting for the Black Diamond community on Wednesday, Aug. 31 at 6 p.m. at the Black Diamond clubhouse. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov or call (561) 791-4764 for more info.
Thursday, Sept. 1
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host food trucks on Thursday, Sept. 1 at 5 p.m. with a free concert by the White Acres band at 6:30 p.m. Call (561) 753-2484 for more info.
Friday, Sept. 2
• The West Palm Beach Antiques Festival returns to the South Florida Fairgrounds from Friday, Sept. 2 through Sunday, Sept. 4. For more info., visit www.wpbaf.com.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Reading Buddies: Fall Session Registration for grades 1 through 5 on Friday, Sept. 2 at 9 a.m. Once a week, children will be paired with a teen to read together and play literacy games. Applications can be picked up at the children’s desk starting Friday, Sept. 2. The fall session meets on Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. from Sept. 21 through Nov. 16. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Palm Beach Outlets (1751 Palm Beach Lakes Blvd., West Palm Beach) will host a Labor Day Weekend Sidewalk Sale from Friday, Sept. 2 through Monday, Sept. 5. Participating stores will offer discounts and specials beyond their already reduced prices. Call (561) 515-4400 or visit www.palmbeachoutlets.com for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Batter Up: The First 100 Years of Baseball for adults on Fridays at 2 p.m. beginning Sept. 2. Baseball: The Tenth Inning, an award-winning documentary by filmmaker Ken Burns, chronicles the history of baseball, starting with its inception in the 1840s. Call (561) 790-6030 for more info.
• The Armory Art Center will host an opening reception for an exhibition by new faculty on Friday, Sept. 2 from 6 to 8 p.m. For info., visit www.armoryart.org or call (561) 832-1776, ext. 33.
Tuesday, Sept. 6
• The Western Business Alliance will host its Business Over Easy members-only breakfast at the Wild West Diner (12041 Southern Blvd.) from 8 to 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Sept. 6. Visit www.thewesternbusinessalliance.com for more info.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Fantastic Fingernails for ages 8 to 12 on Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 3 p.m. Decorate your nails with out-of-this-world designs. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Fantasy Football 2016 for ages 16 and up on Tuesday, Sept. 6 at 6:30 p.m. Get ready for the library’s third fun-filled season of NFL Fantasy Football League competition. Assemble the ultimate roster and get acquainted with fellow league members. All skill levels are welcome. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
Wednesday, Sept. 7
• The American Legion Auxiliary Unit 367 will meet Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 10 a.m. at the Palms West Presbyterian Church (13689 Okeechobee Blvd., Loxahatchee Groves). For more info., call Marge Herzog at (561) 791-9875 or Joan Shewmake at (561) 792-2317.
• Wellington will hold a Neighborhood Watch Meeting for residents of Pine Valley, Greenbriar Circle and Summerwood Circle on Wednesday, Sept. 7 at 6 p.m. at the Community Services Office. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov or call (561) 791-4764 for more info.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Practice Public Speaking for adults on Wednesdays in September at 6:30 p.m. Learn the basics of effective public speaking followed by practice in presenting three distinct types of speeches: humorous, storytelling and persuasive. Your peers in the class will provide feedback. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.