Saturday, July 1
• The fourth annual Palm Beach Haitian Fest will take place Saturday, July 1 and Sunday, July 2 at the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center. For more info., visit www.palmbeachhaitianfest.com.
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will walk about four miles in John Prince Park (2520 Lake Worth Road, Lake Worth) on Saturday, July 1 at 7:30 a.m. Call Paul Cummings at (561) 963-9906 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host an Acoustic Java Jam for adults on Saturday, July 1 at 2 p.m. Experience a caffeinated collection of local talent, or bring your acoustic instruments and jam out. Coffee will be provided. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Dungeons & Dragons for ages 12 and up on Saturdays, July 1, 15, 22 and 29 at 2 p.m. Adventure in the world of Dungeons & Dragons with fellow wizards and warriors to battle evil monsters. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host its Anime Club for ages 12 to 17 on Saturday, July 1 at 3 p.m. Meet other teens who enjoy watching and talking about anime. Snacks will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The West Palm Beach Community Redevelopment Agency will kick off Independence Day activities in West Palm Beach with the fourth annual BBQ, Brews & Blues event in the city’s Historic Northwest District on Saturday, July 1 from 5 to 9 p.m. The family-friendly event features the area’s best barbecue vendors and a fantastic lineup of soulful blues on Rosemary Avenue, three blocks north of Clematis Street. For more info., visit www.wpb.org/cra or call (561) 822-1550.
• Jazz pianist Copeland Davis and his band will perform “An Evening of Patriotic Music” at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday, July 1 at St. Peter’s United Methodist Church (12200 W. Forest Hill Blvd., Wellington). To purchase advance tickets, visit www.stpetersumc.org. Click on the “Patriotic Concert” link on the right side of the page. Follow the link to pay online. Indicate “concert” and the number of tickets purchased in the description line. Your printed receipt will serve as the ticket. Tickets can also be purchased at the church office. For more info., call (561) 793-5712, ext. 13.
• The Maltz Jupiter Theater will present Godspell on Saturday, July 1 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, July 2 at 2 p.m. For more info., call (561) 575-2223 or visit www.jupitertheatre.org.
Sunday, July 2
• The Mounts Botanical Garden will host Yoga in the Garden on Sundays, July 2, 9, 16, 23 and 30 at 8 a.m. For more info., call (561) 233-1757 or visit www.mounts.org.
• Barb Wire Dolls will be a featured performance at the Vans Warped Tour at the Perfect Vodka Amphitheatre on Sunday, July 2. For more info., visit www.facebook.com/barbwiredolls or www.vanswarpedtour.com.
• Barnes & Noble Wellington (10500 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host New York Times bestselling author Mary Alice Monroe on Sunday, July 2 at 4 p.m. She will read excerpts from her new book, Beach House for Rent, as well as sign books. Call (561) 792-7710 or visit www.facebook.com/BNWellingtonFL for more info.
Monday, July 3
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Stars & Stripes Bingo for ages 5 to 12 on Monday, July 3 at 3 p.m. Create your own card and see if luck is on your side. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will meet Monday, July 3 at 7 p.m. at Okeeheelee Park Nature Center (7715 Forest Hill Blvd.). Call Margaret Brabham at (561) 324-3543 for more info.
Tuesday, July 4
• Royal Palm Beach’s annual Mayor’s Firecracker Golf Tournament will take place Tuesday, July 4 at the Village Golf Club. The scramble format event will begin with a shotgun start at 8 a.m. Golfers can pre-register at any of the following locations: the Royal Palm Beach Cultural Center (151 Civic Center Way), the Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center (100 Sweet Bay Lane) or the Village Golf Club (122 Country Club Drive). The cost is $75 per player or $300 per foursome. For more info., contact Rochelle Wright at email@example.com or (561) 790-5149.
• The Village of Wellington will hold a Fourth of July Celebration with a full day of fun, family-friendly activities, beginning with a Patriotic Pool Party from noon to 5 p.m. at the Wellington Aquatics Complex. A free Fourth of July celebration will be held at Village Park on Pierson Road with events and activities from 6 to 9 p.m., concluding with a Zambelli fireworks show at 9:15 p.m. Come celebrate America at a free event that will offer fun for the whole family. Enjoy live music, bingo for prizes, traditional games, face painting, bounce houses, food and drink vendors and more. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
• Royal Palm Beach will hold its annual Star-Spangled Spectacular at Commons Park on Tuesday, July 4 beginning at 1 p.m., topped off with the Zambelli fireworks show at 9 p.m. As part of the celebration, enjoy multiple activities that include a Kids Fun Zone area packed with carnival-style rides, slides, games and fun, a Food Truck Invasion, arts and craft vendors, live music and an interactive DJ. Additional activities include a cornhole tournament, a volleyball tournament, a fishing tournament and paddle boat/kayak rentals. For more info., visit www.royalpalmbeach.com or call (561) 790-5149.
Wednesday, July 5
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Super Shrinky Art for ages 7 and up on Wednesday, July 5 at 1 p.m. Make a keychain, bookmark, charm or other treasure. All you need is a tiny amount of creativity to trace, color and create your own shrinkable plastic art. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host its Drama Club for ages 8 to 12 on Wednesday, July 5 at 4 p.m. Play theater games and learn basic acting skills at this fun, informal event. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Let’s Play: Gaming for ages 12 to 17 on Wednesday, July 5 at 6:30 p.m. It will be a time for friends, snacks, PS4 multiplayer games, and unusual new card and board games. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• Congregation L’Dor Va-Dor (3475 W. Woolbright Road, Boynton Beach) will host a four-part series, Unsung Jewish Women Heroes, beginning Wednesday, July 5 at 7 p.m. Noted educator and congregation member Estelle Morganstein will lead the discussion in a talk about how these women made contributions to the fields of culture, lifestyle and medicine. For more info., call (561) 968-0688 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, July 6
• Bacio Bacio Bridal Salon will participate in Brides Across America from July 6 to July 15, where military and first responder brides will be treated to a free bridal gown. For information on how to qualify, visit www.bridesacrossamerica.com. For more information, call Bacio Bacio at (561) 792-6111 or visit www.baciobacio.com.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Crafternoon: Decorative Doodling for adults on Thursday, July 6 at 2 p.m. Relax while turning your doodles into art. Materials will be provided. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host its Under Construction Lego Crew for ages 5 to 11 on Thursday, July 6 at 2:30 p.m. Use Lego bricks to build original creations. Work by yourself or as a team to bring building challenges to life. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Palm Beach County Cooperative Extension will host “Smart Couples/Elevate: Taking Your Relationship to the Next Level” this summer. Couples who are married, dating, cohabiting or engaged are encouraged to attend this fun, free relationship enhancement workshop. Classes will be held on five consecutive Thursdays on July 6, 13, 20 and 27, and Aug. 3 at 6 p.m. at the Palm Beach County Cooperative Extension Office (559 N. Military Trail, West Palm Beach). To register, visit www.smartcouples.org or call (561) 233-1742.
• Wellington will host a Food Truck Invasion at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) on Thursday, July 6 from 5 to 9:30 p.m. with a free concert by country artist Emily Brooke at 6:30 p.m. For more info., visit www.wellingtonfl.gov.
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host a Writer’s Critique Workshop for adults on Thursday, July 6 at 6:30 p.m. Share, offer and accept constructive criticism to improve your fiction, nonfiction and poetry in a supportive atmosphere. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
Friday, July 7
• Sean’s Dance Factory will present Big Bang XXI on Friday, July 7 and Saturday, July 8 in the Marshall E. Rinker Sr. Playhouse at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts. For more info., visit www.kravis.org.
• The Okeeheelee Nature Center will host Canoeing 101 on Friday, July 7 at 9:30 a.m. for ages 10 and above. Learn the basics of how to safely canoe in this two-hour program. All equipment is provided. The cost is $10 per participant. Call (561) 233-1400 to RSVP.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Family Game Time for all ages on Friday, July 7 at 2:30 p.m. Have a blast indoors with board games, card games and more. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a free screening of the movie The Boss Baby on Friday, July 7 at 8:30 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
Saturday, July 8
• The Florida Gun & Knife Show will return to the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center on Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9. For more info., visit www.flgunshows.com.
• The Mall at Wellington Green will host its monthly indoor farmers’ market on Saturday, July 8 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday, July 9 from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. in the court in front of City Furniture. The Mall at Wellington Green is located at 10300 W. Forest Hill Blvd. For more information, call (561) 227-6900 or visit www.shopwellingtongreen.com.
• The South Florida Science Center & Aquarium will hold its e4 Life Green, Health & Wellness Expo on Saturday, July 8 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. For more info., visit www.sfsciencecenter.org.
• The RiverWalk Toastmasters will host a special meeting Saturday, July 8 at 7 p.m. at the Ideal School of Leadership (400 Royal Commerce Road, Suite A, Royal Palm Beach) featuring David Brooks, 1990 World Champion of Public Speaking. To RSVP, visit www.davidbrooks2017riverwalk.eventbrite.com. For more info., visit www.riverwalk.toastmastersclubs.org.
• The Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) will host a free Beach Boys Tribute Concert on Saturday, July 8 at 8:30 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
Monday, July 10
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host its Chess Club for Adults on Monday, July 10 at 6:30 p.m. Practice strategy skills with other players. Basic game knowledge is required. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
Tuesday, July 11
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host Tween Gaming for ages 8 to 12 on Tuesday, July 11 at 3 p.m. Bring a friend for Wii gaming and board game fun. Call (561) 790-6070 for more info.