Saturday, Aug. 25
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will hike on the Apoxee Wilderness Trail (3125 N. Jog Road, West Palm Beach) on Saturday, Aug. 25 at 7:50 a.m. Plenty of water is a must. Call Joe at (561) 859-1954 for more info.
• Tractor Supply Company (15731 Southern Blvd.) is hosting pet adoptions, a pet supply drive and more on Saturday, Aug. 25 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. as part of “Out Here with Animals,” its month-long event for animals of all kinds and the people who care for them. Community members and their leashed dogs, cats, pigs, goats and more are invited to attend. Participating organizations include Big Dog Ranch Rescue. Call the store at (561) 333-2223 for more info.
• The South Florida Fair Expo Center will host the Kids World Family Fun Fest on Saturday and Sunday, Aug. 25 and 26 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days. Children of all ages are welcome to attend. Visit www.southfloridafair.com for more info.
• The Okeeheelee Nature Center (7715 Forest Hill Blvd.) will hold a Nature Walk for families and all ages on Saturday, Aug. 25 at 10:30 a.m. Go on a free guided nature walk through the pine flatwoods ecosystem and learn about the plants and animals that live in the local community. Call (561) 233-1400 or visit the nature center to make reservations.
• Yesteryear Village at the South Florida Fairgrounds will open its lecture series on Saturday, Aug. 25 featuring Eliot Kleinberg on “Florida’s Amazing History and Why You Should Care.” The lecture alone will be offered at 11 a.m. at the cost of $18 general admission. The lecture with a meet-and-greet and reserved seating will be offered at 4 p.m. at the cost of $35. Visit www.southfloridafair.com for more info.
• The Palm Beach Zoo will close out its summer Roar & Pour series with a swampy tribute to Creedence Clearwater Revival and John Fogarty by the band Green Rivers on Saturday, Aug. 25 from 4:30 to 9 p.m. The whole zoo will be open to explore, with beer, wine, frozen drinks at the tiki bar and a local brewery tap-takeover. Food will be served at the Tropics Cafe snack window. Visit www.palmbeachzoo.org/roar-and-pour-2018 for more info.
• Wellington Ballet Theatre will hold auditions for the winter ballet The Snow Queen on Saturday, Aug. 25 at Dance Arts Conservatory. Audition times are as follows: ages 5 to 8, 5 to 5:30 p.m.; ages 8 to 11, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m.; and ages 11 and up at 6:30 p.m. The audition fee is $10 cash. For more info., call (561) 296-1880 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, Aug. 26
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will stroll in Frenchman’s Forest (12201 Prosperity Farms Road, Palm Beach Gardens) on Sunday, Aug. 26 at 7:20 a.m. Call Alan at (561) 586-0486 for more info.
• Temple Beth Torah (900 Big Blue Trace, Wellington) will hold an open house on Sunday, Aug. 26 at 9 a.m. Stop by for breakfast and speak with representatives from various arms of the synagogue, such as the sisterhood, brotherhood, religious school and preschool. A raffle will be held. For more info., call (561) 793-2700 or visit www.templebethtorah.net.
• Temple B’nai Jacob (12794 W. Forest Hill Blvd., Suite 6, Wellington) will hold an open house on Sunday, Aug. 26 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Holiday tickets will be available for pickup, coupon books will be available for sale and attendees will be able to register new students for Hebrew School. For more information, call (561) 793-4347 or visit www.templebnaijacob.com.
Monday, Aug. 27
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host “How Well Do You Know the Library?” for ages 8 and up on Monday, Aug. 27 at 4 p.m. Answer clues, book trivia, riddles and challenges that have been placed throughout the branch and win a special prize. Play solo or pair up with a friend. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
Tuesday, Aug. 28
• Polls will be open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 28 for the Primary Election with several federal, state and county offices on the ballot. Visit www.pbcelections.org for more info.
•The Senior Referral Program of Royal Palm Beach will staff an information desk to help seniors and their caregivers identify and access services for their special needs on Tuesday, Aug. 28 and Thursday, Aug. 20 from 1 to 3 p.m. at the Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center (100 Sweet Bay Lane). No appointment is needed for this free service; just stop by the desk. For more info., call (561) 790-5188. People interested in volunteering are also encouraged to stop by.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host an End of Summer Craft Bonanza Blowout for ages 2 and up on Tuesday, Aug. 28 at 3:30 p.m. Drop in and make as many crafts as you want. Materials will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 for more info.
The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host its Pokémon Club for ages 6 to 12 on Tuesday, Aug. 28 at 6:30 p.m. Bring your DS or Pokémon cards and get ready to battle, trade and make new friends. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
• The Royal Palm Beach Community Band will perform its summer concert on Tuesday, Aug. 28 at 7 p.m. at Crestwood Middle School. Refreshments will be served. Contact Rochelle Wright at (561) 753-1232 or email@example.com for more info.
• The Wellington Village Council will meet on Tuesday, Aug. 28 at 7 p.m. at the Wellington Municipal Complex. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for more info.
Wednesday, Aug. 29
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host Book Discussion: Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly for adults on Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 2 p.m. Copies are available at the research services desk. Refreshments will be provided. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host Playful Toddlers & Tykes for children under age 4 on Wednesday, Aug. 29 at 3:30 p.m. Do your kids love toddler and baby toys? Join in for a session of social playtime for the little ones. Call (561) 681-4100 for more info.
Thursday, Aug. 30
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “Too Good: Goal Setting” for ages 5 to 12 on Thursday, Aug. 30 at 2:30 p.m. Join Susan Klarich with the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office and learn the importance of goal setting in session one of a series. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The Wellington Amphitheater will host a free jazz concert by the Debbie Pierce Band, along with a food truck invasion, on Thursday, Aug. 30 from 5 to 9:30 p.m. Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov for info.
• Women of the Wellington Chamber will hold Sultry Summer Nights II on Thursday, Aug. 30 from 6 to 8 p.m. at the International Polo Club Palm Beach. For more info., visit www.wellingtonchamber.com.
• Clematis by Night in West Palm Beach will host the opening band Sunset East and headliner Krazy Train on Thursday, Aug. 30 from 6 to 10 p.m. For more info., visit www.wpb.org/events.
Friday, Aug. 31
• The South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center will host the West Palm Beach Antiques Festival from Friday, Aug 31 through Sunday, Sept. 2. Visit www.wpbaf.com for more info.
Saturday, Sept. 1
• Audubon of the Everglades will hold a bird walk at STA-1E in Wellington on Saturday, Sept. 1 from 7 a.m. to noon. Advance registration is required. For more info., visit www.auduboneverglades.org.
• During the Labor Day holiday weekend, the Wellington Aquatics Complex (12072 W. Forest Hill Blvd.), will be open Saturday, Sept. 1 from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Sunday, Sept. 2 from noon to 7 p.m.; and Monday, Sept. 3 from noon to 5 p.m. Following Labor Day, the facility will begin its fall hours of operation. Fall hours are as follows: Tuesday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; closed on Sundays and Mondays. For more information about the Wellington Aquatics Complex, or fall swim lessons and programs, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/aquatics.