Looking to get into the holiday spirit this December? The Village of Wellington has a whole host of fun, family activities scheduled throughout the month.
• Holiday Tree Lighting & King Guys “The Cool Yule Band” on Saturday, Dec. 1 — Start your December off with a holiday tree lighting and concert on Saturday, Dec. 1 at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). The tree lighting is set to occur at 6:30 p.m., followed by a concert by King Guys Cool Yule Band, playing a mix of favorite holiday music. Food trucks will be available on site for food and beverage purchases. A number of children’s characters will also be on hand for photo opportunities, including Santa Claus. Attendees should bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating.
• Free Movie Night on Friday, Dec. 7 — Bring out the family for a free showing of The Star (rated PG) on Friday, Dec. 7 at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). The movie begins at 7:30 p.m., and attendees are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and blankets for seating.
• 35th Annual Wellington Holiday Parade on Sunday, Dec. 9 — The annual Wellington Holiday Parade, hosted by the Village of Wellington and the Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce, returns on Sunday, Dec. 9. Enjoy a free day of fun and festivities with a holiday park at the Wellington Amphitheater from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., and a judged parade filled with imaginative floats, marching bands, characters, dance troupes and more. The parade begins at 1:30 p.m. and will wind its way down Forest Hill Blvd. from Wellington Trace to Ken Adams Way. Visit www.cpbcchamber.com for more information.
• Lakeside Family Fun Day on Saturday, Dec. 15 — The next event in Wellington’s Lakeside Family Fun Days series is set to occur on Saturday, Dec. 15 on Lake Wellington, located behind the Wellington Community Center (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). The event will feature a variety of free activities for the entire family to enjoy between the hours of 9 a.m. and 1 p.m., including kayaking, paddle boarding, a bounce house, a rock wall, glitter tattoos, lawn games, fishing, Plaster Time Crafts and more. Try goat yoga between 9 a.m. and noon (pre-register at www.downwardgoat.com) and take photos with Santa between 10 a.m. and noon (bring your camera). Guests can also visit with Courtyard Animal Hospital and are encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy to the Wellington Community Services tent for the Hometown Holiday Toy Drive.
• Holiday Boat Parade on Saturday, Dec. 15 — Come watch as local residents and boating enthusiasts light up Lake Wellington during Wellington’s annual Holiday Boat Parade. Visible from behind the Wellington Community Center (12150 W. Forest Hill Blvd.), boats will launch from the Meadowland Cove boat launch at 6:20 p.m. and are expected to pass behind the Wellington Community Center around 6:25 p.m. Approximately 30 festive, decorated boats are expected to cruise in the parade. Those interested in participating should contact Jack Brownson at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
• N2 Nation’s “Motown Magic” Holiday Show on Saturday, Dec. 15 — Attend a holiday spectacular you won’t soon forget. Join N2 Nation on Saturday, Dec. 15 at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.) for a special Motown Magic Holiday Show. Food trucks will be available on site for food and beverage purchases. A number of children’s characters will also be on hand for photo opportunities, including Santa Claus. Attendees should bring lawn chairs and blankets.
• Seventh annual Wellington Holiday Run 5K on Sunday, Dec. 16 — The seventh annual Wellington Holiday Run 5K returns to Village Park (11700 Pierson Road) on Sunday, Dec. 16. The race begins at 7 a.m., and participants are encouraged to bring an unwrapped toy to be donated to families in the Wellington community as part of the annual Hometown Holiday Toy Drive. Prior to the start of the race, all participants will be provided with jingle bells to wear. For more details and registration information, visit www.active.com.
For information about these and other Wellington events, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/events.