Quantum House is ready to recognize and celebrate its most dedicated volunteers April 19-25 during National Volunteer Week by hosting a virtual award ceremony on social media. National Volunteer Week honors volunteers for the irreplaceable impact of their time and energy all year round.
Each day at noon on the Quantum House social media channels, the following video awards will be presented to:
- Monday, April 20 – Student Volunteer of the Year Sarah Caroline Crall
- Tuesday, April 21 – K-9 Volunteer of the Year Maggie and her owner Ellen Springs
- Wednesday, April 22 – Business of the Year Jersey Mike’s Subs and Greg McMenaman
- Thursday, April 23 – Nonprofit of the Year Access the Sea and Matt Hedrick
- Friday, April 24 – Volunteer of the Year Phil Black
To follow along with the virtual award ceremony celebrations and to get to know the recipients, follow and like the following social media pages:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/QuantumHouseWPB
- Instagram: www.instagram.com/quantumhouse
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/quantumhouse
“In the midst of all of the challenges we are facing right now, we want to shine a bright light on the goodness in our community,” said Roberta Jurney, Quantum House CEO. “Our volunteers are the source of so much joy and giving and we are grateful for them every day.”
In addition to honoring the award winners, Quantum House will celebrate the support of more than 1,200 volunteers who donated a total of 15,453 hours to the organization in 2019. Everyone finds their own niche at Quantum House, whether it is cooking meals for families, participating in the pet therapy program, being a house helper, sponsoring outings for families or helping at special events. Groups or individuals interested in volunteering can visit www.quantumhouse.org or contact Outreach Coordinator Shay Jackson at (561) 494-0515 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Quantum House is a caring and supportive home that lessens the burden for families whose children are receiving treatment in Palm Beach County for a serious medical condition. Quantum House is the only pediatric facility of its kind between Orlando and Miami. The 30-suite hospital hospitality house provides lodging, meals, care and compassion to more than 1,200 family members each year.