After carefully reviewing Palm Beach County Emergency Order 2020-005, Wellington officials have announced the opening of the following parks and recreation facilities:
PARKS & FACILITIES OPEN
(starting Wednesday, April 29)
- Village Park
- Wellington Environmental Preserve (observation tower remains closed)
- Select neighborhood parks (see complete list at Wellingtonfl.gov/Parks)
- Select sports fields (see complete list at Wellingtonfl.gov/Parks)
- Wellington Tennis Center (singles only)
- Boat ramp
- Equestrian trails
- Walking trails
- Golf courses
Hours vary by park/facility. Check Wellington’s web site for specific hours.
All visitors must follow Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) social distancing guidelines, bring their own drinks, and bring their own hand sanitizer and mask.
Permitted activities include walking, running, biking and singles tennis. Prohibited activities include field sports (baseball, football, soccer, lacrosse, etc.), the sharing of sporting equipment and gathering in groups of more than 10.
FACILITIES CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Village Park Gymnasium
- Wellington Aquatics Complex
- Playgrounds (including Scott’s Place & Tiger Shark Cove)
- Wellington Dog Park
- All pavilions
Visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/parks for the latest information about park and facility openings, or follow Wellington Parks & Recreation on social media (@wellingtonflrec). For COVID-19 information, updates and resources from the Village of Wellington, visit www.wellingtonfl.gov/coronavirus.