Saturday, July 28
• The Loxahatchee Chapter of the Florida Trail Association will hold an 8-mile hike in Apoxee, West Palm Beach’s magnificent 20-square-mile water catchment area, Saturday, July 28 at 8 a.m. Plenty of water is a must. Call (561) 616-8790 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host “Chihuly Like that Sculpture” for ages 10 to 14 on Saturday, July 28 at 2 p.m. Design a sculpture like the famous artist Dale Chihuly using recycled materials. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• Nature’s Center (5301 State Road 7, Lake Worth) will host a bromeliads class Saturday, July 28 at 2 p.m. Learn the basics of bromeliad care and artwork, the different kinds of bromeliads, where they are found naturally and how to integrate them into your garden. Call (561) 434-5777 or e-mail email@example.com to register. Classes are free to the public, and walk-ins are welcome. Visit www.thenaturescenter.com for more info.
Sunday, July 29
• Whole Foods Market (2635 State Road 7, Wellington) will host a “This2That: Fit to a ‘T’ Tote” class for ages 6 to 12 on Sunday, July 29 at 1 p.m. Bring an old T-shirt, and Resource Depot will show how to re-purpose it into a unique bag. Light refreshments provided. A $5 fee will benefit Resource Depot. Call (561) 904-4000 for more info.
• A fundraising benefit for Royal Palm Covenant Church will take place Sunday, July 29 at 6 p.m. at the original Wellington Mall. For tickets, call the church at (561) 793-1077.
Monday, July 30
• Royal Palm Beach’s All Sports Camp will begin Monday, July 30 at the Royal Palm Beach Recreation Center. Participants will learn the fundamentals of basketball, football, kickball and other fun sports. To sign up, visit www.royalpalmbeach.com.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will present “National Ice Cream Month: Sweet Treat” for ages 3 to 5 on Monday, July 30 at 1 p.m. Listen to stories about ice cream, sing, dance, and make a cool craft to celebrate. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will present “Shake Rattle & Yum” for ages 6 to 12 on Monday, July 30 at 4 p.m. Celebrate National Ice Cream Month by shaking up your own ice cream. Dress to get messy. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Acreage Landowners’ Association will host a primary election candidates forum on Monday, July 30 at 6 p.m. at the Indian Trail Improvement District office (13476 61st Street N.). Candidates for judge, sheriff, congress, property appraiser, tax collector and supervisor of elections will be in attendance. For more info., e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday, July 31
• Whole Foods Market (2635 State Road 7, Wellington) will host a Savvy Shopper Tour on Tuesday, July 31 at 11 a.m. Experts will show you how to shop the store’s private label, weekly specials and family-sized savings. There is no charge. Call (561) 904-4000 for more info.
• Whole Foods Market (2635 State Road 7, Wellington) will host a Gluten-free Cooking Class on Tuesday, July 31 at 6:30 p.m. Learn how to prepare a gluten-free meal that tastes great and is easy for anyone to prepare. There is no charge. Call (561) 904-4000 for more info.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will present “Planes, Gliders & Whirligigs” for ages 6 to 8 on Tuesday, July 31 at 7 p.m. Put on your aviator goggles and learn how to make a squadron of different paper fliers. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Loxahatchee Groves Town Council will hold a budget workshop and special meeting Tuesday, July 31 at 7 p.m. at the Loxahatchee Groves Water Control District office (101 West D Road). Call (561) 793-2418 or visit www.loxahatcheegroves.org for more info.
Wednesday, Aug. 1
• Palm Beach Executive Network will hold its weekly breakfast meeting Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 7:30 a.m. at Friendly’s Restaurant (1001 State Road 7, Royal Palm Beach). For more info., call Kendra Rosenfeld at (561) 795-3240.
• The Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce will host its monthly breakfast Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 7:30 a.m. at Palm Beach State College (4200 Congress Ave., Lake Worth). For more info., call Mary Lou Bedford at (561) 790-6200 or e-mail email@example.com.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will host a “Reading Buddies” volunteer opportunity Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 10 a.m. If you enjoy working with children, become a Teen Reading Buddy. The program runs Sept. 5 through Dec. 19 from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Pick up an application. Call (561) 790-6030 to pre-register.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will host “Read-In” for ages 8 to 12 on Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 4 p.m. Enjoy snacks and catch up on the last of the summer reading program. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization will kick off the 18th annual Buddy Walk with “Buddy Walk… Uncorked,” a wine tasting Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 6 p.m. at the Wine Cellar at Renaissance Commons (1500 Gateway Blvd., Boynton Beach). Guests will enjoy a variety of wines and food. Tickets are $20 per person with reservations and $25 at the door, space permitting. All ticket proceeds and 30 percent of any wine purchased at the tasting will benefit the new Gold Coast Down Syndrome Organization Resource Center. To order tickets, visit www.goldcoastdownsyndrome.org. You can also mail your check (with guest names) to GCDSO, 915 S. Federal Highway, Boynton Beach, FL 33435. For more info., contact Anne at firstname.lastname@example.org or (561) 752-3383.
• The Acreage library (15801 Orange Blvd.) will feature “Family Puzzle Night” for all ages Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 7 p.m. Pick a puzzle and put it together with the help of family and friends. Call (561) 681-4100 to pre-register.
• The Richard David Kann Melanoma Foundation Volunteer Task Force will hold its first meeting of the 2012-13 season Wednesday, Aug. 1 at 7 p.m. in the Palm Beach Post Auditorium. Executive Director Lisa Richman and staff will give a brief presentation. Refreshments will be served. RSVP to Barbara at email@example.com or (561) 655-9655. For info., visit www.melanomafoundation.com.
Thursday, Aug. 2
• The Wellington library (1951 Royal Fern Drive) will host “Dog Days of Summer” for ages 8 to 12 on Thursday, Aug. 2 at 10:30 a.m. Escape the dog days of summer with dog crafts. Call (561) 790-6070 to pre-register.
• The next session of the Wellington Chamber of Commerce Small Business Roundtable will take place Thursday, Aug. 2 at 5:30 p.m. at the Binks Forest Golf Club in Wellington. Speakers include Pin Point Strategic Solutions CEO Woody White, Hedrick Brothers Construction Director of Business Development Cheri Pavlik and SharpShooter Marketing Group owner Monica Kallas. The cost is $10. RSVP by calling (561) 792-6525 or visiting www.wellingtonchamber.com. E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
• The Central Palm Beach County Chamber of Commerce will host a Meet the Candidates Forum on Thursday, Aug. 2 at 6 p.m. at the South Florida Fairgrounds Expo Center (9067 Southern Blvd.). Contact Scott Brown at (561) 578-4810 or email@example.com for more info.
• The Marshall Foundation’s 2012 Summer Intern Class will share their experiences and knowledge with program mentors and sponsors Thursday, Aug. 2 during a graduation celebration at the Lake Worth Golf Course at 6 p.m. A light buffet will be included. Tickets are $50 each and proceeds go to the 2013 summer intern program. For more information or to RSVP call (561) 233-9004 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Beginning Thursday, Aug. 2, Community of Hope Church will offer a free 13-week GriefShare Series on Thursdays at 7 p.m. in Madison Green. Participants can join at any time during the 13-week series. To register and get directions, call (561) 753-8883 or e-mail email@example.com.
Friday, Aug. 3
• The Norton Museum of Art (1451 S. Olive Ave., West Palm Beach) will present “Watercolors from the Collection” Friday, Aug. 3 through Oct. 4, featuring 14 rarely exhibited works on paper by European and American artists. For more info., visit www. norton.org.
• The Royal Palm Beach library (500 Civic Center Way) will feature “Crafternoon” for age 2 and up Friday, Aug. 3 at 2 p.m. Drop by the VolunTeens’ craft table to make a small craft to take home. Call (561) 790-6030 for more info.
• Wellington Talent Search Semifinals will take place Friday, Aug. 3 at 8 p.m. at the Wellington Amphitheater (12100 W. Forest Hill Blvd.). Finals will take place Saturday, Aug. 4. Call (561) 753-2484 for more information.
Saturday, Aug. 4
• Golf teams from churches throughout Palm Beach County will compete in the inaugural Pastor’s Masters Golf Tournament on Saturday, Aug. 4 at the Binks Forest Golf Club. The event will benefit Royal Palm Covenant Church. The scramble format event will tee off at 1 p.m., followed by an awards dinner, auction and raffle. Player entry fees cost $75. Non-golfers may attend the dinner and auction for a $50 donation. For more info., call the church at (561) 294-9258 or visit the golf shop at the Binks Forest Golf Club (400 Binks Forest Dr., Wellington) for an entry form.